CZ handguns

Basically they're awesome! CZ75 and its varients are the standard

This.

Though I've owned many military surplus CZ handguns, and they're awesome too...

CZ27
CZ50
CZ52
CZ82/83

The Czechs were fond of taking Russian military calibers of handguns/ sub machineguns/ rifles and designing their own gun around that caliber. The VZ58 rifle is better in some ways than the AK47 but never gained the worldwide acclaim.

The CZ52 took Russia's 7.62x25 round (originally designed for a sub machinegun) and put it into a sidearm that uses the same breech locking mechanism as the German MG42 machine gun. That's badass. [grin]

Sorry for going off on the history lesson but I like Czech guns, as you can tell.

I love CZ rifles and handguns. Just recently picked up a CZ75 two-tone compact. Great firearms.

Price... that there is tough to answer because they are not "approved" firearms. Therefore you'll likely only find one for sale from another gun owner in a FTF transaction. That's the downside.

Keep your eyes open here on NES. They do come up for sale from time to time. But don't wait long to act because if the price is reasonable they tend to sell very quickly.

Best,

Rich

By far one of the best pistols available on the market. The CZ75 is like everyone has said, the "entry level" pistol in the line and come in many finishes and configurations. The CZ97 is in my opinion hands down the best .45 handgun ever produced. The P01 is the compact version of the Cz75 line and are highly sought after and excellent shooters. The CZ75 Accushadow is the top of the line and highly sought after for competition shooting and are about impossible to find in MA in good shape. They all run in order of listed used these days, CZ75(B) - $750.00 to $900.00. CZ97 - $1,000.00 to $1,500.00. PO-1 - $950.00 and the Accushadow if you even find one used run $1,950.00 to $2,500.00
FYI, a new, (if you could even get it in MA) runs $2,300.00 and there is at least a year to year and a half wait.
There rifle line is great as well. They have a shorty carbine, magazine fed, rifle in 7.62X39 and .223 that are both awesome.
Good luck, once you get the CZ bug, there is no going back!!

They are awesome firearms. I started with a couple CZ82s and recently picked up a CZ P01 (compact CZ75).

In free states, stock CZ75s can be had for ~$500. The MA prices I've seen are just stupid.

i've heard sphinx (if you can find one) make for a worthy alternative if you can't get CZ
[bow]

I lucked into one some years ago for short money. Last few Sphinxes I saw were asking ~$800, but that was quite a while ago. They are a Swiss CZ75 knock-off but all hand-fitted and cost ~$2200.00 back in the 1970s. I corresponded with the president of Sphinx back when I bought mine and he told me that they only imported ~200/year into the US and all before 1978.

Back before the 1998 law, FS was selling new CZ75s for $199!! I foolishly wasn't impressed with them enough to buy back then. Could have made a killing on them.

I'd take a CZ 75 to war. The only problem I have with them is the low slide, which can make cycling under stress a bit of a biatch. But the quality, accuracy and reliability make more than up for this little flaw. I wouldn't hesitate to trust a CZ with my life.
A Sphinx on the other hand is one of my big "wants". That, and a Korth.

I'd take a CZ 75 to war. The only problem I have with them is the low slide, which can make cycling under stress a bit of a biatch. But the quality, accuracy and reliability make more than up for this little flaw. I wouldn't hesitate to trust a CZ with my life.

Keep your eyes open. I've seen 2 or 3 in shops in the past. No idea what one would go for in MA now, seeing people asking $800 for a plain Jane CZ-75.

Basically they're awesome! CZ75 and its varients are the standard

Yep.

Even my TZ-75 is one of my favorite guns to shoot. Would berry a CZ in a heartbeat if the money was right.

Very slim slide yep, but the spring in my TZ isn't that heavy so it's easy but it's thin. Only bad thing.

attachment.php

Last edited:
It is said that the inverted rails are responsible for the enhanced accuracy. I don't know if that's true, but there's one MAJOR thing these firearms have going for them: they work. Always. I'm a SIG fanboi, but I have to say that CZs are a close second. I am not sure about the P 07, but if imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then Ceska Zboroyovska gets flattered a lot. There are decent quality knock offs from all over the place. I was looking at a Canik Stingray from Turkey, the Swiss Sphinx, even those goofy looking Caracals seem to be based on the CZ design. There's a 75B and a Sphinx in my future for sure. The Korth might remain a pipe dream.

Love my cz p01. Just finished installing the cgw race hammer. This is how a da/as should always feel.

Found a good deal on it used here in CT, and had to buy it as soon as I held it. Now its my edc.

2uze4ysy.jpg

I've never shot one but what is everyones take on CZ pistols? whats the best model? worth the price?

Well, you have to like DA/SA. But if you do, the CZ has a lot to offer. It has a very low bore axis, a relatively light slide, and it is a relatively heavy, steel gun. Put that all together and you get very little muzzle rise. As a result, a lot of USPSA Production shooters like it. The grip is also relatively narrow for a single-stack gun.

Most of them don't have decockers, so you'll have to decock manually if you are going to carry hammer down. Some can also be carried cocked-and-locked, though I find the safety isn't as ergonomic as a 1911 safety.

Last edited:
I have a CZ CTS long slide ( single action) from their Custom Shop in Mesa. It was designed for shooting steel, its super accurate and fast. Highly recommended.

CZ's are great!! We sell a ton of them and regularly get custom shop guns in the shop. The test targets that come with them are pretty impressive. Hammer forged barrels are a very nice selling point.

I have a CZ75 in single action only coming my way and can't wait to take it for a work out. There are also a few good aftermarket trigger parts available to smooth out the pull. CZ's tend to have a little creep but can easily be made better.

Back
Top Bottom