Cz bren 805

I need optic suggestions. Something tough because of the reciprocating bolt. Any suggestions.

Attachments

• 4B90B282-7A8F-4F3C-8E96-3ABBFBABE1F4.jpeg
    4B90B282-7A8F-4F3C-8E96-3ABBFBABE1F4.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 166
What is your intended use and budget?

Without knowing the answer to each of those, I bought a primary arms 1-6 recently that reviews well and seems to be of good quality. Lifetime warranty too.

What is your intended use and budget?

Without knowing the answer to each of those, I bought a primary arms 1-6 recently that reviews well and seems to be of good quality. Lifetime warranty too.

Trump’s tariffs are supposed to affect all imports from China, I wonder if PRimary Arms prices have gone up? Only 10% tariff so far so maybe not much.

Somehow Apple gets around the tariff on its iPhones which are made in China.

Trump’s tariffs are supposed to affect all imports from China, I wonder if PRimary Arms prices have gone up? Only 10% tariff so far so maybe not much.

Somehow Apple gets around the tariff on its iPhones which are made in China.
I got mine on sale a few months ago, about $230 I think. They’ve had the wolf grey ones on sale for a while now. I think it looks cooler than the black actually .

OP- what ranges do you intend to shoot the rifle? as a fellow CZ 805 fan, you got yourself a sweet rifle that's worthy of solid glass.

if mostly staying inside 200 yards i would go with a red dot for sure. many great choices. i'm partial to the holosun 503G because it has a chevron ACSS reticle so when combined with a 3x magnifier it provides nice holdovers for 300 - 600 yards. it's a pretty sick setup.

the LPVO options have come a long way. I agree w above the Steiner P4xi is the finest option for the price. glass is incredible. 4x is sufficient to reach out to ~500 yards depending on your vision and size of target. the primary arms ACSS 1-6 scopes or their fixed prism scopes are good choices. the vortex viper PST gen 2 1-6x is a nice one. so many good choices out there. don't buy the first focal plane (FFP) hype. it provides benefits for ranging and for higher mags but at 1-6x or typical 223 distances it's overblown and unnecessary.

why is the reciprocating bolt harder on optics? It's the same amount of recoil energy, no?

the forward recoil impulse of the bolt closing creates a very abrupt impact on the optic. rearward recoil is irrelevant because it's spread out over a long period of time.

since the lighter Gen 2 E model has come out, these previous models have dropped in price. as the CZ 805 is already a little heavy, this 25 oz piece of glass + mount one is looking at upward of 2 lbs for the glass.

Bought the 11" barrel assembly directly from CZ. Then had Pullman Arms shorten it to 10" for a more compact setup.

I retained the 16" barrel but it was the expensive route

Bought the 11" barrel assembly directly from CZ. Then had Pullman Arms shorten it to 10" for a more compact setup.

If you don’t mind me asking how much was the 11incb barrel. I probably would go that route I wouldn’t want to cut the barrel.

the gas block is right behind the muzzle. the dwell time must be very short. does it cycle reliably?

the gas block is right behind the muzzle. the dwell time must be very short. does it cycle reliably?
f***ing hope so....haven't shot it yet.

It's a piston gun so I think it will be fine. I had less than 1" cut off so I hope that minor amount wouldn't derail cycleabilty

Last edited:
OP-

if you decide to go with the Steiner, sportoptics has them for under $500 including the throw lever:
Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scopes Sale Steiner Tactical Rifle Scopes

f***ing hope so....haven't shot it yet.

It's a piston gun so I think it will be fine. I had less than 1" cut off so I hope that minor amount wouldn't derail cycleabilty

for SBR the dwell times need to be shorter to make up for the higher pressure gas being used to cycle the action. if shortening the dwell time even further I would definitely run the rifle in suboptimal conditions specifically different bullet weights and ideally at low temperatures to ensure adequate cycling. did Pullman bring up this issue before cutting it?

But I must say one hell of a rifle. If anyone is thinking of one definitely do it. Personally I was going back and forth between the bren and the mcx virtus. Obviously I settled on the bren.

OP-

if you decide to go with the Steiner, sportoptics has them for under $500 including the throw lever:
Steiner P4Xi Rifle Scopes Sale Steiner Tactical Rifle Scopes

for SBR the dwell times need to be shorter to make up for the higher pressure gas being used to cycle the action. if shortening the dwell time even further I would definitely run the rifle in suboptimal conditions specifically different bullet weights and ideally at low temperatures to ensure adequate cycling. did Pullman bring up this issue before cutting it?
DSG Arms has them with the throw lever for $463 (create an account) I actually picked this up for $445 on Cyber Monday. Add the new Larue Lt204 mount on sale for $138 and you're in business. I just grabbed both of these. The scope is fantastic at this price point. It all Depends what you're intended purpose is though

DSG Arms has them with the throw lever for $463 (create an account) I actually picked this up for $445 on Cyber Monday. Add the new Larue Lt204 mount on sale for $138 and you're in business. I just grabbed both of these. The scope is fantastic at this price point. It all Depends what you're intended purpose is though

What i have been reading it’s trijicon or eotech. I really like the trijicon with the acss reticle. Eotech reticle is legit though I love the 65moa circle.

But I must say one hell of a rifle. If anyone is thinking of one definitely do it. Personally I was going back and forth between the bren and the mcx virtus. Obviously I settled on the bren.

I handled the Bren, Galil Ace, and X95 at Pullman Arms. The X95 impressed the most but don’t really want to learn such a different platform. Bren seemed heavy compared to my BCM 14.5” AR - feels like a military rifle, which I guess it is.

I handled the Bren, Galil Ace, and X95 at Pullman Arms. The X95 impressed the most but don’t really want to learn such a different platform. Bren seemed heavy compared to my BCM 14.5” AR - feels like a military rifle, which I guess it is.
I have a couple ARs and just wanted something different and I wasn’t paying for a preban lower. I belong to a club in NH and a gentleman had one and let me try it and it was all over. I will use the bren more for the action bays, my ARs are more for long range.

If anyone else owns one of these I would also like so recommendations for a foregrip. Also any other cool upgrades for this great rifle. Pictures will help.

If anyone else owns one of these I would also like so recommendations for a foregrip. Also any other cool upgrades for this great rifle. Pictures will help.
To "Massify" my rifle, I got the M4 stock adapter from KNS precision. I also got their bent charging handle. I like it a lot better than the stock handle.
IMG_20181209_195051.jpg I have a Magpul AFG on mine.
IMG_20181209_195107.jpg

Back
Top Bottom