CZ Bren 2 Carbine released

How do you like it so far? does it shoot "better than it feels"?

-Mike

I really like it a lot and it does shoot better than it feels, its not perfect though.

The pros are its really light for a piston gun, noticeably lighter than an AR. The controls are amazing, everything is right where you want it to be, there's a cool bolt drop/hold open lever inside the trigger guard that I really like. its very smooth firing with minimal recoil and can be fired with the stock folded since its internally buffered. The charging handle is non-reciprocating, I used to think this was shit LARPers only argued over but I appreciate that it doesn't reciprocate, its 2020.

The cons are its not the most accurate thing in the world and a little less when its hot. I don't think anybody is buying it to be a sub MOA rifle but the range is limited. Mine is a 10.5 inch barrel that could be contributing to the issue but I have lots of 10.5 inch ARs that ring 10 inch steal 100% of the time at 400 yards, the Bren 2 doesn't. Its sensitive to gas if you shoot suppressed. It has an adjustable gas block but the settings are normal, adverse or off. Normal is gassy on even the lowest back pressure silencers. The off is interesting but kind of silly, the action not cycling on a 5.56 isn't making it much quieter at the ear. The stock hand guard is tiny and if you want to add anything you need to upgrade it. The trigger didn't need to be upgraded but the HB Industries trigger eliminated over travel which I find personally annoying. The safety selectors didn't need to be bigger I just wanted the color lol.

I have no regrets and its a lot of fun to shoot but its not perfect.

Last edited:
Awesome. Is it an SBR? Is there some advantage to that over a pistol w/ brace - are folding braces illegal?

I did SBR mine. No real advantage over the brace, I tend to SBR things for the length of pull, I'm 6'4" and most braces feel short to me. Folding braces are legal, they are very hard to get right now. Dan Haga and HB Industries make adapters for stocks and braces and they sell out immediately when they come in, its crazy. Its why I sourced the factory stock from Europe it was easy for a friend to get and the same money.

I really like it a lot and it does shoot better than it feels, its not perfect though.

The pros are its really light for a piston gun, noticeably lighter than an AR. The controls are amazing, everything is right where you want it to be, there's a cool bolt drop/hold open lever inside the trigger guard that I really like. its very smooth firing with minimal recoil and can be fired with the stock folded since its internally buffered. The charging handle is non-reciprocating, I used to think this was shit LARPers only argued over but I appreciate that it doesn't reciprocate, its 2020.

The cons are its not the most accurate thing in the world and a little less when its hot. I don't think anybody is buying it to be a sub MOA rifle but the range is limited. Mine is a 10.5 inch barrel that could be contributing to the issue but I have lots of 10.5 inch ARs that ring 10 inch steal 100% of the time at 400 yards, the Bren 2 doesn't. Its sensitive to gas if you shoot suppressed. It has an adjustable gas block but the settings are normal, adverse or off. Normal is gassy on even the lowest back pressure silencers. The off is interesting but kind of silly, the action not cycling on a 5.56 isn't making it much quieter at the ear. The stock hand guard is tiny and if you want to add anything you need to upgrade it. The trigger didn't need to be upgraded but the HB Industries trigger eliminated over travel which I find personally annoying. The safety selectors didn't need to be bigger I just wanted the color lol.

I have no regrets and its a lot of fun to shoot but its not perfect.

How inaccurate are we talking? Tavor inaccurate, i.e. a combat rifle good enough to shoot man-sized targets out to 400-500 yards but no <MOA tack driver on paper.

Also, did you try different types of ammo to compare accuracy?

This is what I have seen with my Tavor X95 w/16" barrel: 2MOA average with match ammo, slightly better with an upgraded geissele trigger. Minute of man with any old ammo.

Last edited:
How inaccurate are we talking? Tavor inaccurate, i.e. a combat rifle good enough to shoot man-sized targets out to 400-500 yards but no <MOA tack driver on paper.

Also, did you try different types of ammo to compare accuracy?

This is what I have seen with my Tavor X95 w/16" barrel: 2MOA average with match ammo, slightly better with an upgraded geissele trigger. Minute of man with any old ammo.

It’s not horrible, on 10 inch steel at 400 yards it will ring it 75% of the time. It’s minute of man for sure, battle rifle accuracy. I have never tried anything but M193, I may have some match ammo around, I’m sure it would perform better.

Back
Top Bottom