CZ 97 .45 Yes or No ?

MJ1

I read they seem to be short chambered a bit and stick the pellet into the groves for FTF. F-ing YOUTUBE !

SplFMbZ.jpg

$800 out the gate with a problem? I can shorten my OAL a bit but still?

Cheers

eX10XbE.jpg

Yes! Awesome gun!

1st I've of heard of that issue.

I've had zero FTF with mine. Sadly, I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it since I hadn't stocked up on .45 before ammo supply got stupid.

Thank you knoxy.

Good reason to get a LEE starter loading set. I shoot a lot of BERRY's .45 230g copper plated bullets. Save your brass and even take a class. Most ranges have members who will be glad to show you the basics.

Be safe.

wUmo44B.jpg

Awesome gun especially if you have large hands. The frame/grip is fairly wide. It fit my hands like a glove but might be too big for some people.

I read they seem to be short chambered a bit and stick the pellet into the groves for FTF. F-ing YOUTUBE !

$800 out the gate with a problem? I can shorten my OAL a bit but still?

Cheers

The 9mm aren't short chambered, but tight, maybe thats what you're thinking about.

The 97 uses a sammi spec chamber, so you're good there. And its "ramped" out of the box.
Mines a beast and eats all the reloads I feed it.

My final answer- Get it, Get it right now and shoot the daylights out of it. Then get another and have 2

My CZ 75 has a short chamber, I have to seat reloads deeper than normal.I haven't had that problem with the CZ97 using 230 round nose seated 1.250. maybe with a different style bullet? When I got the 97, trigger was lousy alot of creep, A aftermarket hammer from Cajun gun works ($85) was a big improvement. The 97 is definitely for big hands, never sold well in the US, other than the trigger I have no complaints. It is definitely a gun for big hands.

Awesome gun especially if you have large hands. The frame/grip is fairly wide. It fit my hands like a glove but might be too big for some people.
Yup, I absolutely love my 97B, but the grip is just a bit too large for me. I either have to operate the safety with my off hand or shift my grip to use my shooting hand. So it is relegated to range toy status. Now I have smaller than average hands, so anyone with average and above should not have a problem. For comparison it is actually just a bit larger than the grip on a FN FNX 45, which has a standard mag capacity of 15 rounds vs the CZ’s 10. I just love to rack the slide on mine, it is the definition of “smooth as butter”.

ETA Just noticed the wood grips, if the grip on this CZ is just a tad too wide for you, switching to the aluminum grips will reduce it by a noticeable amount. I have the aluminum grips on mine but it is still just a little too wide for me. I keep it mostly because it is just such a damn fine gun.

OK the source or confusion is from a change in feed ramps. The corrected or improved if you wish is longer and has a different angle to it.

New version on the left older on the right.

YIsI004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom