• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ 805 Bren Light Suggestion

NES community,

I just recently got a Bren 805 and I need suggestions on light attachments:

So I need to get a hand rail to put on it and I was thinking of getting the KNS Precision rail: CZ 805 Bren Rail

I wanted to get their picatinny handrail but it looks like they only offer the Keymod hand rails now. I've tried searching for other companies that make rails for the Bren but couldn't find any.

I wanted to attach a light on the right side hand rail of the body & I was looking at the Streamlight Protac rail mount HL-X because it comes with the remote switch.

So i wanted to ask you guys on suggestions/advice as to what I should do since the Streamlight seems to only have the picatinny attachment.

Do you guys have any suggestions on which type of accessory I should get to connect the Streamlight on top of the Keymod? Or is there another similar light available with a remote switch that attaches directly to the Keymod itself without me getting another accessory? Or is there another company that makes an attachment for the Bren that is Picatinny specific?

Would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions on this. Thanks in advance!

So personally I wouldn't even bother buying all the extra rails for keymod and what not. I'd find a mount for the light that you want and just offset mount it from the top/bottom row of picatinny to position where you want it. The bren rail is fairly short so you might not even favor a remote switch either. Not saying you won't, but you might not. It's short enough to fully consider just running a clicky cap with momentary/constant switches.
Something like a thorntail mount would allow you to mount from the top rail and still get an offset for the light to clear any front sight or just not be on the top of your rifle. Arisaka makes fantastic mounts as well.
1631463883037.png
Can provide many options, but I wouldn't really go out of my way looking for additional side panels for a discontinued rifle platform when there are mounting options that would work and be transferrable to another rifle if you ever decided to change platforms.
Not sure what part of Massachusetts you are in, but I have a part time shop out of littleton and you're more than welcome to see a number of different mounting options and styles because you can get pretty creative without having to buy replacement side panels.

I appreciate the advice; this is my first rifle platform so I’m still learning all the cool things you can do to it. I’m based in the South Shore but would love to find time to visit your shop one of these days.

Back
Top Bottom