• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ 75 SP01

Just picked up a used CZ 75 SP-01.I was so excited i did not realize the pistol had ambi safety not a decocking lever.Would like to know would this be legal to shoot in production by lowering the safety w/thumb 7 FINGER ON HAMMER while squeezing on trigger? I heard a lot about these pistols and paid a lot of money for used one in great shape w/6 mags & holster.Any input would help.Thanks

Just picked up a used CZ 75 SP-01.I was so excited i did not realize the pistol had ambi safety not a decocking lever.Would like to know would this be legal to shoot in production by lowering the safety w/thumb 7 FINGER ON HAMMER while squeezing on trigger? I heard a lot about these pistols and paid a lot of money for used one in great shape w/6 mags & holster.Any input would help.Thanks

Yes,legal in production. You lower the hammer by pulling back on it slightly then pulling the trigger

The SP 01 was designed for IPSC (not USPSA) Production Division and has dominated the division in IPSC matches. It has none of the safety features of modern SA/DA pistols. All you have is a thumb safety and a half cock notch. I believe this was done to provide the best trigger possible.

I have been shooting one for almost a year and have gotten used to lowering the hammer on a live round CAREFULLY in the manner described by Mr. Moto. The design of the hammer lends itself to this maneuver. The Shadow can be used in IPSC and USPSA matches as it is small enough to fit in the IPSC Production "Box". This requires a pistol with a slide and barrel less than five inches in length. The USPSA allows pistols with five inch slides/barrels that will not fit in the "box". Thus many pistols legal in USPSA Production Division are not legal in IPSC matches.

- - - Updated - - -

The SP 01 was designed for IPSC (not USPSA) Production Division and has dominated the division in IPSC matches. It has none of the safety features of modern SA/DA pistols. All you have is a thumb safety and a half cock notch. I believe this was done to provide the best trigger possible.

I have been shooting one for almost a year and have gotten used to lowering the hammer on a live round CAREFULLY in the manner described by Mr. Moto. The design of the hammer lends itself to this maneuver. The Shadow can be used in IPSC and USPSA matches as it is small enough to fit in the IPSC Production "Box". This requires a pistol with a slide and barrel less than five inches in length. The USPSA allows pistols with five inch slides/barrels that will not fit in the "box". Thus many pistols legal in USPSA Production Division are not legal in IPSC matches.

Back
Top Bottom