CZ 75 Police Build

Decided I wanted one last project before the new year.

Picked up a CZ75 BD Police off Gunbroker:
pix748587484.jpg

Wasted a little time in tearing it apart. This was my first time going for a detail strip of a firearm. Went mostly okay, only lost the sear spring, and had some issue with the LCI, but NES helped me get that sorted. [thumbsup]

disassembled.jpg

Tried sandblasting the frame so I could try my hand at bluing...but that was a pain in the ass. So I sent the slide and frame off to get cerakoted. Ordered up some replacement goodies and cleaned up the barrel while waiting.

Barrel1.jpg

Barrel2.jpg

Got a set of tritium nightsights, the short reset system, and a replacement sear spring from CGW. Extended mag release from a Shadow 2. Extended slide release from a P-06. Spur hammer from a Pre-B. And a set of waffle style grips in walnut to finish the look.

finished.jpg

Turned out exactly how I wanted; Merry Christmas to me. Might have to get a Miami Classic shoulder harness for her...

My first thought was ... I'd blue it, but then I've developed a liking of rust bluing at home. The Cerakote looks good and grips give it a bit of an 'older' feel with good character. I like how it looks used but well cared for. Great job and I hope it serves you well!

My first thought was ... I'd blue it, but then I've developed a liking of rust bluing at home. The Cerakote looks good and grips give it a bit of an 'older' feel with good character. I like how it looks used but well cared for. Great job and I hope it serves you well!

Thank you, that was precisely the look/feel I wanted! If I do another, and I likely will, I do want to give a better go at bluing. Just didn't have the right setup for this one. What do you use/how do you do yours?

Very nice. Would you mind sharing who did the Cerakote and what it cost?

Happy to share! The Cerakote is H-238 Midnight Blue. The shop that did the work is KG Performance Solutions in Fitzwilliam, NH. (KG Performance Solutions) The total cost, which was media blasting/prep, then Cerakote frame and slide was $160. Their site states 5 days, but they had it ready next day. Great shop to do business with.

Thank you, that was precisely the look/feel I wanted! If I do another, and I likely will, I do want to give a better go at bluing. Just didn't have the right setup for this one. What do you use/how do you do yours?
I just use the Laurel Mtn Forge 'barrel brown and degreaser'. Once you have the metal finished to the point you like, apply the solution, let it rust then boil and card... repeat until you get the depth of blue you like. For pistols I place the parts on a rack over a pot of water warming on the stove to accelerate the rusting.

Back
Top Bottom