• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CZ-52 Range Report

kevin9

NES Member
Thanks to MrTwiggs I'm now the proud owner of a CZ-52 (http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=272271&postcount=176). I got home early on Friday and took a quick trip to the Winchendon R&Gto try it out. I took along the Taurus PT99AF (9mm) for company.

I put 26 rounds through it at about 10 yards. I had shot it before when in MrTwiggs possetion so I knew what to expect. It's got a nice crack and a bit of a sharp kick. The difference between it and the 9mm was quite noticeable in this area.

I did have 3 or 4 lock-backs with ammo in the mag, and two failures to lock backs on an empty mag. I was able to recreate the premature lock-backs by limp-wristing. I suspect the failure to lock-backs had the same cause but I did not attempt to recreate them. Once I concentrated on a good firm grip it worked reliably.

It was also shooting low and a shade left most of the time. I suspect that too was IO error due to the fairly heavy trigger. POI was much closer to POA when I concentrated on proper form. I'm strongly considering ordering the competition firing pin from Makarov.com to improve the trigger, along with a new magazine.

Overall I'm quite pleased. I plan to shot this gun regularly and expect my accuracy will improve over time with practice.

Kevin9

I've got 2 of the CZ-52 and they are fun to shoot. They do have a little kick and throw the brass 15 to 20 feet away. While you can get the old Mill ammo, Winchester has some very nice ammo. Use some form of grease (I like molly) on the rails when you strip and clean it.

Is it blue or gray?

It's blue with aftermarket checked walnut grip (have originals).

I was using S&B ammo. I've read in the last week that the Winchester metric pistol ammo is actually made by S&B. Do you have a suggested source for quantities of 7.62x25T ammo at a decent price? If so please PM.

I use CV grease for high friction areas like rails on all my guns. I don't have a lot of experience, but it seems to work quite well.

Back
Top Bottom