CZ 27

I picked up this CZ 27 from a LGS that has had it for a while and I got it at a good price. It is a FNH marked pistol with matching numbers and the correct Nazi marks with original magazine. I really like CZ pistols and thought a second one could not hurt the collection. The finish is ok and there is some speckling on the slide and a chip on the left top side of the grips. It makes a nice matched set.

Does anyone else like these old CZ pistols?

DSCF0323.JPGDSCF0320.JPGDSCF0319.JPGDSCF0324.JPG

Showoff![grin] Someday I have to visit your place and see all this stuff. I was last in Germany in '88.

EARLY WaA76; the Germans started started marking them in 1939 at #20,000. Decent pistol, but I've found it fussy to get back together. Shoots pretty good. Shown here with a pebbled '44 CZ27 holster that came with my M34 Beretta.

T

Last edited:
I love a milsurp with unique features - like the cocking/decocking on the CZ27. The "quick takedown" feature of the CZ38 is neat, but I wouldn't want to have it decide to fly apart when most needed!

Nice pickup.

She has been buffed and re-finished, that's what brought the price down to 75 bucks or so.

Ahh... just like my Stenda!

I have the CZ24, CZ27, CZ38, and a wartime Duo. I had a Z, CZ82 and a CZ52 but those got purged when I decided to narrow the collection down to pre-45 European pistols only.

What is left for CZ pre45 pistols that would consider general issue. There is the CZ22, but with only 20,000 made I think that might be a little hard to come by here in the US. I have never even seen one for sale.

One of these CZ27s is on my list this year. There nice looking and well built pistols.

Last edited:
I love old CZ handguns and have quite a few. I particularly like the CZ52.

One thing I have learned... on some of the older CZ's the safety is quite suspect... be careful. IIRC on one of my old CZ's releasing the safety may also release the hammer... DOH!

Rich

One of these CZ27s is on my list this year. There nice looking and well built pistols. Anyhow I know of a CZ38 at a Pawn Shop in Bangor, Maine that's been sitting for a while. I'm not sure of the price though.

The CZ 27 was the second most produced pistol under German occupation. The FN M1922 was the first, IIRC. So, those two pistols are the most common Nazi marked pistols and the most affordable.

However, the CZ 38 was only made for one year and is much harder to find. The CZ 24 and the Duo are next in terms of finding.

The CZ 27 was the second most produced pistol under German occupation. The FN M1922 was the first, IIRC. So, those two pistols are the most common Nazi marked pistols and the most affordable.

However, the CZ 38 was only made for one year and is much harder to find. The CZ 24 and the Duo are next in terms of finding.

It's nice to be able to buy Nazi marked pistols without the sticker shock of a Luger.

CZ.JPG

Jeurgen, what would you include in the list for pre-1945 Czech pistols? Here is what I have so far. The CZ 24, 27, 38 and the Duo. I cut loose the 52 and the Z when I purged post 45 Euro pistols.

I know there is a pre-model 24 model. But I am not sure if that so rare as to not be realistic.

I have complete rigs for all but the Duo. I have a spare mag but no holster for the Duo.

I've had a few CZ pistols but I sold them all. CZ50, 52, 27, and a couple 82's.
They are well designed and well built guns. The 27 is so simple and easy to disassemble its amazing. Not much more complicated than a Makarov.

Showoff![grin] Someday I have to visit your place and see all this stuff. I was last in Germany in '88.

T

I have been to "the vault" in an undisclosed location. [wink] I am still in awe...

My son and I still talk about that event! I know at least 4 gun dealers in the greater Nashua area that have less fire arms than Juergan.

He is an outstanding host with a great German lunch and beer as well.

Thanks again Juergan, I look forward to seeing you in the fall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom