CVS and Walgreens announce changes to firearms policies, ask shoppers to not bring guns in

They also didn't think about the part where people who carry on the reg don't care about their bullshit policies or signs. Maybe a handful of 50+ white male worrywart types will obey, the rest of us are just going about our business......

^This^

Do not care what their so called "Policy" is.

^This^

Do not care what their so called "Policy" is.
I'm with you on this.

However, I avoid CVS like the plague. Our insurance requries that we use CVS for 90-supply meds, but I do that online and have them ship them, always have. Short-term Rx get filled at Costco while I'm shopping there anyway.

I'm with you on this.

However, I avoid CVS like the plague. Our insurance requries that we use CVS for 90-supply meds, but I do that online and have them ship them, always have. Short-term Rx get filled at Costco while I'm shopping there anyway.

I use CVS online for all of my meds also. Have for a very long time. Short scripts get filled at Walgreens. Used to use Brooks, until they went bye-bye to Rite-Aide.

So, if someone walks into one of these stores while carrying openly, are they putting their employees in the position of having the ask the person to leave? Will they just call the cops without first asking the person to leave? What happens if a store employee simply calls the cops and the encounter with law enforcement ends with a deadly force incident?

This is pretty f*cked up that a private entity's woke policies could potentially utilize LE deadly force as an enforcement measure. After all, we all know that no innocent person has ever been killed by the cops while trying to comply with conflicting instructions from the cops on scene.

They also didn't think about the part where people who carry on the reg don't care about their bullshit policies or signs. Maybe a handful of 50+ white male worrywart types will obey, the rest of us are just going about our business......
I agree 99%, but age is just a number... I'm in the 50+ club & IDGAF regarding their policies.
Otherwise, carry on.

Mike. You are absolutely my favorite Mod!
~Enbloc

With the opioid problem being what it is, every time I am waiting for a prescription I wonder if I am going to find myself in the middle of an armed robbery.

Spot On!! Let's inform the bad guys that the drug store is a gun free zone. Then let them know how much the opioids are going for on the street. What could possibly go wrong.

Idiots!!!

So, if someone walks into one of these stores while carrying openly, are they putting their employees in the position of having the ask the person to leave? Will they just call the cops without first asking the person to leave? What happens if a store employee simply calls the cops and the encounter with law enforcement ends with a deadly force incident?

This is pretty f*cked up that a private entity's woke policies could potentially utilize LE deadly force as an enforcement measure. After all, we all know that no innocent person has ever been killed by the cops while trying to comply with conflicting instructions from the cops on scene.

My understanding NH law, not a lawyer, not legal advise...

"No Guns" signs on public property (ie not speaking of a government building or court, or any other of the very specific places where it's already illegal to carry), have no legal bearing. They can put them up, but it does not constitute a crime to ignore the sign..

What is a crime though is if they ask you to leave and you don't, or if they bar you from entering the premise and you come back...

Soooo the way it works is this, employee asks you to conceal gun or put gun in car or to leave and you refuse to comply by remaining in store its some crime - trespassing maybe. You say "f*** off you piece of shit" and leave, no crime unless they permanently bar you from said store specifically and you return later.

I don't think the cops will get involved beyond maybe asking you to leave if an employee makes it sound like you are scary, cops in NH at least understand guns are ok.

Eventually all these people who think putting up a sign is going to stop someone from committing a crime will get a wake up call about how the world actually works.

Eventually all these people who think putting up a sign is going to stop someone from committing a crime will get a wake up call about how the world actually works.

Yep - banks don't have these rules and likely its for a well considered reason.

So they want to enact a policy that is guaranteed to get the most people killed if someone decides to commit mass murder in their stores. Idiots!

Pretty strange, but maybe push back from the push to open carry. I don't get it, but that's the only thing I can come up with for these changes. One clown can ruin it for all of us. Concealed is concealed, and they are "asking". Strange though.

Back
Top Bottom