CVS and Walgreens announce changes to firearms policies, ask shoppers to not bring guns in

mikeyp

NES Member
Good luck. We need the country to do like TN did and if you ask people to disarm and anything happens, you're liable

CVS and Walgreens announce changes to firearms policies, ask shoppers to not bring guns in

CVS and Walgreens joined the growing list of retailers asking shoppers to not bring guns into stores.

The drugstore chains both announced changes to their firearms store policies Thursday, two days after Walmart and Kroger joined the national gun debate.

“We support the efforts of other individuals and groups working to prevent gun violence, and continually review our policies and procedures to ensure our stores remain a safe environment,” CVS said in its statement. “We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.”

Walgreens issued a similar statement, asking "customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials."

So they want me to unholster the gun in their parking lot, pop out the mag and lock it up in the vehicle (possibly being seen while doing this)? Then, reverse that when I return to the vehicle? They didn't think this through.

The CEO's must have had a conference call with Bloomberg or the those extortionist activists within the banking/credit processing industry that threaten to deplatform businesses if they don't change x,y,z, policy.

This is a massive anti-civil rights movement and I consider it as bad as segregation.

"Sorry we don't serve your kind here" Seriously, WTF?

So they want me to unholster the gun in their parking lot, pop out the mag and lock it up in the vehicle (possibly being seen while doing this)? Then, reverse that when I return to the vehicle? They didn't think this through.
Nah, conceal it. This is about open carry. Thing is I doubt this will be enforced in areas that are gun friendly and are used to OCing. Bad for local business to troll a guy in Montana for doing what folks have always done. Especially where no gun signs are not enforced by law.

They also didn't think about the part where people who carry on the reg don't care about their bullshit policies or signs. Maybe a handful of 50+ white male worrywart types will obey, the rest of us are just going about our business......

Operative words bolded by me. Tennessee or no Tennessee, unless there's a metal detector I'll carry where and when I want. That thing at the end of the last sentence? Yeah, that's a PERIOD. As in FULL STOP/

I tend to "discreet" carry more than anything, something like my 938 in an IWB holster but just stuck/clipped into my front pocket with the handle sticking out - it just works nice like that for me..

Will be interesting to see if/when I start getting bitched at, Walmart, Home Depot, Market Basket all places I frequent like that and nobody says boo. Only an occasional obvious gawker from the MA side of the border who probably think Im a gangster or cop because of how the nazi states make people conceal them (its not why I open carry but I do not dislike the idea of desensitizing people to seeing guns in public).

That's going to be somewhat interesting when I go home. Both CT and GA are open carry states, but I see a LOT more open carry at home. On the other hand, it's people simply wearing guns on their belts, not walking into stores with longarms to "make a point".

They also didn't think about the part where people who carry on the reg don't care about their bullshit policies or signs. Maybe a handful of 50+ white male worrywart types will obey, the rest of us are just going about our business......
Open carry is just an untucked T-shirt away...lol!!!

That's going to be somewhat interesting when I go home. Both CT and GA are open carry states, but I see a LOT more open carry at home. On the other hand, it's people simply wearing guns on their belts, not walking into stores with longarms to "make a point".

Yeah, regular people with a pistol on their belt is what most people think when you say "open carry". Of course, some jackass rolling into a Wally World with his WWIII kit reframed the narrative.

jackass gun owner: Actually, laws/policies don't prevent me from acting like a jackass
General public: We should change the laws/policies
Jackass gun owner: how could this have happened?

the news just stated that people are being asked to not openly carry. Concealed carry still seems ok with them for now...

Family needs meds and other daily items so I will continue to CC while I am at either shop. Let the sheep defend themselves while I stand a fighting chance god forbid something happens.

Good luck. We need the country to do like TN did and if you ask people to disarm and anything happens, you're liable

CVS and Walgreens joined the growing list of retailers asking shoppers to not bring guns into stores.

The drugstore chains both announced changes to their firearms store policies Thursday, two days after Walmart and Kroger joined the national gun debate.

“We support the efforts of other individuals and groups working to prevent gun violence, and continually review our policies and procedures to ensure our stores remain a safe environment,” CVS said in its statement. “We join a growing chorus of businesses in requesting that our customers, other than authorized law enforcement personnel, do not bring firearms into our stores.”

Walgreens issued a similar statement, asking "customers to no longer openly carry firearms into our stores other than authorized law enforcement officials."

In reading Walmart's statement, they're asking customers who are openly carrying a firearm into their stores to refrain from doing so. They are not (at least as not as far as I have read) asked customer's outright to stop carrying firearms into their store altogether.

And yes, while I think Walmart is foolish for taking this stance, it's CVS and Walgreen's that are going full potato on the subject asking customers not to bring *any* guns into their stores.

In reading Walmart's statement, they're asking customers who are openly carrying a firearm into their stores to refrain from doing so. They are not (at least as not as far as I have read) asked customer's outright to stop carrying firearms into their store altogether.

And yes, while I think Walmart is foolish for taking this stance, it's CVS and Walgreen's that are going full potato on the subject asking customers not to bring *any* guns into their stores.

Actually, OP states it was Walgreens asking not to openly carry. Doesn't change a thing for me.

Back
Top Bottom