Customer Trying to Pull A Fast One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I work at small car dealership and this kid comes in the other day lookingto trade in his old beat up Grand Prix for a very clean Dodge pick-up. His carbackfired as is barely coasted into a parking lot before taking one last breathand dying. I was ready to tell him to have his car towed outta here but it’sthe summer time and sales are slow.
Closing time was fast approaching and I wanted to get the dealdone so reluctantly let him beat me down for a trade- in- allow for his piece of crap car. I told him to come back tomorrow to finalize the deal. When the kids goes toleave his car wouldn’t start. I shoot him a look of concern but he just smilesand insists that sometimes this happens when it rains and assures me if weleave it here overnight it will dry out and start right up in the morning. As a token of good faith I offer to call him a cab and ask that he leave the keys so I can check out the car in the morning. As the cab pulls up he suddenly remembers that his house keys are on the key ring and he can’t take them off. So I tellhim to take the keys and come back tomorrow (Sat). Next day kid shows up to pick up his new truckbut somehow he forgot the keys to his car. Ok I tell him come back on Monday. Monday rolls by kids never shows up so I leavehim multiple messages. Tuesday rolls around and at closing time the kid shows up to pick up“his” truck. I tell him that I still need to look over his car before we canmake the deal. The Kid says he's in a hurry can’t wait around but offers to leave thekeys.
So I pay our mechanic overtime to stay late and look at hiscar. Come to find out the alternator is fried and it caused the battery to runso low that it died. From laying on the started so much to get the car to startthat is shot too. Since he is trading the car in I decide to make the repairsat cost and deduct that amount off his trade in allowance. I relay this messageto the kid thinking he would be gratefull that we can go ahead with the dealand now he is threating to take his car and call off the deal. I told him if that’sthe case he owes me the money for the repairs. He refuses and tells me he knowthe difference between a snow job and for some strange reason pulls out a copyof an ALP-LTC out of his wallet. How should I handle this situation?

jasons

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Show him yours and say this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom