• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Customer Service" from NH DPS

RKG

NES Member
In this age when it is common to complain about treatment received by licensing authorities (sometimes with warrant), I thought folks might be interested in my recent experience renewing my NH Non-Resident Pistol Permit:

Last Wednesday, I received a letter advising that my license would expire in about six weeks, inviting me to renew, and enclosing a renewal application.

I promptly filled out the application (in handwriting; who has a typewriter nowadays?), printed out the .pdf that has copies of my licenses from various states and agencies, drafted a covering transmittal letter, and drew a check. Made a photocopy of the whole thing, stuffed it in an envelope, and dropped it in the mail the next morning.

To my horror (and embarassment) I discovered yesterday morning that the original of the renewal application was still in my copying machine. I considered just dropping it in another envelope, but was concerned that the two mailings might not marry up.

So I looked up the phone number for firearms licensing, dialed, got an answering machine, and left a message explaining my oversight, and leaving my home and mobile phone numbers.

About 1900 last night, my mobile rang. It was a very nice lady from NH DPS, who said with a chuckle I wasn't the only one, and sugested I scan the application and email it to her. Since I was in a place where I couldn't write anything down, the lady agreed to send me an email so I'd have her address. I scanned and emailed the application when I got home last night.

Back
Top Bottom