• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Custom leather Holster

union

NES Member
Being a left handed shooter I haven't had much luck finding a crossdraw holster for my super redhawk. I've checked the usual suspects such as Galco. I've started looking into getting one made. There appears to be a lot of options out there all over the place. From my quick search the current leader is D.M Bullard Leather. I'm looking for other options and opinions. It would be a bonus if it was a more local manufacturer then someone in Texas.

I just ordered a DM Bullard pocket holster for my Sig. A guy at work brought a cross draw in for me to look at. It’s some nice leather. 70 bucks for a pocket and mag holder is decent and competitive with Galco

I know that Andy's Leather sold off his holster business last year, Shootist, (IIRC) to some new craftsmen (Amish, also IIRC). The site is still up, so I think they kept the domain name and such. https://www.shottist.com/ Contact them with your need/desire and see what they can do for you.

I just clicked the 'contact' link on the site and it's NOT where Andy is now. So it should get you right to the new craftsmen...

For the record, I have a holster that Andy custom formed to my 1911 wide body some years back. Great holster. So if the new people are at least up to his standards, you'll have one that will last a lifetime.

I’ve used Privateer Leather before. Nice guy, great work, reasonable prices, good turnaround.

. . . a crossdraw holster . . . I've started looking into getting one made. I'm looking for other options [in addition to Bullard] and opinions.
Jim Ryan, dba J.R. Customs Handmade Holsters, makes superb horsehide holsters. They are not inexpensive, delivery times are far from immediate, and they are worth every penny and the longish wait time.

Back
Top Bottom