• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Custom Gun Safe Lights

radioman

NES Member
Hello NES,

I just bought a new security cabinet/safe from Tractor Supply. I bought it on black Friday so I got a great deal and it's much better than nothing. The problem is my bed room where the safe is located is ditch dark. So seeing inside the safe was a futile task.

The solution was I had NES member Golddiggie over to custom tailor a set of LED lights for my safe. I have some photos but bear in mind trying ot take a photo of a dark safe is all but imposable. So you have to take my word for it THEIR BRIGHT!!
Here's the safe--
DSC_4182.JPG
Here's a photo of the inside useing my Nikon flash that's akin to a portable sun.--
DSC_4183.jpg
It looks bright but what you see is my 300 dollar Nikon flash not reality. Here's the same shot no flash lights on--
DSC_4185.JPG
You can see how dark the outside of the safe is in the last photo. That's what the inside looked like. I didn't want to get bulky florescent lights for it. When I saw what Golddiggie did with his safe I thought that was the best solution. I was right. This lighting takes up a 1/4 inch of space from the surface it's mounted to. All LED's no bulbs to shatter. Here's a few more. In the photos that you can see the actual LED emitters, the camera closes up making the photo look dark but reality is just the opposite.
DSC_4191.JPG DSC_4190.JPG DSC_4189.JPG DSC_4188.JPG DSC_4187.JPG DSC_4186.JPG DSC_4192.JPG

As far as price goes this was a 100% custom job. He came over to my house with all his tools and spent close to two hours. Each light array was custom made and fitted to its location. So each job will be different. I'm not going to give a dollar amount but I will tell you it was worth every penny!!

Back
Top Bottom