Custom Glock 26L- Lots of Pics!

This was designed around the whole idea for a defensive firearm to be appendix carried.

This came to me as a G23 with a "Chop" job. It was a crude job that work, but the big issue was that the magwell was cut straight across causing your hand to stop the mag from dropping free.

I epoxied & rebuilt the frame , added texture , under cut the trigger , scalloped the mag release , added 3 mag cuts (sides & front). The frame also received a new trigger bar , a 9mm trigger housing and was cleaned up to break at 5lbs.The frame was coated in Sniper Grey Cerakote

The slide had heavy radius work done along with all roll marks removed. A 9mm extractor and spring load bearing was installed. Then the slide had Tactical Grey Cerakote applied and the engraved by WI Laser to match the factory Glock roll marks but with a 26L marking instead of the 23.

The rear sight is a prototype designed by Rob Pincus, of I.C.E. Training Company and the Combat Focus Shooting Program. Claw sights are the most aggressively designed rear sights for one handed manipulations and has a wide .180" notch . They will be made by AmeriGlo.

9095B428-D213-44D3-AC45-C9C3D2ECB745-3186-0000023ED6CD149B.jpg

C201DCB0-B928-412D-89DF-238197A490A0-3186-0000023ECA0C2FC6.jpg

E4D949E6-4DD1-4545-BE52-37C5F3797DE2-3186-0000023F26C8BE29.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01302-1.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

Dude that is some good work right there, the frame look butchered in the early posts lol. It came out amazing.

I don't know what real benefit you would get out of that. The hardest part of the gun to conceal it the grip and you would be giving up sight radius and weight for recoil management / follow up shots.

I enjoy the full frame of a 17 and it conceals great when carried AIWB however I hate how the slide is long enough to jab all the wrong areas while sitting/driving. I have enough range time with my 26 to run it about 90% as hard as my 17. And haven't they done that with the 1911?

Very nice work BTW

I enjoy the full frame of a 17 and it conceals great when carried AIWB however I hate how the slide is long enough to jab all the wrong areas while sitting/driving. I have enough range time with my 26 to run it about 90% as hard as my 17. And haven't they done that with the 1911?

Very nice work BTW

could always just grab a glock 17 mag and put a mag extension on it, full sized grip short slide

It's called a Glock 19.

-Mike

+1. Like Glock hasn't already thought of every possible perfect combination [rolleyes] This 26L is extremely interesting though, but even before starting this project, the thought of extending a G26 slide sounds pretty damn good. Cutting back the G17 slide isn't practical.

I wanna do this but with my 17, chop the grip and fit G19 mags, keep the slide the same length though

+1. Like Glock hasn't already thought of every possible perfect combination [rolleyes] This 26L is extremely interesting though, but even before starting this project, the thought of extending a G26 slide sounds pretty damn good. Cutting back the G17 slide isn't practical.

I did not mean to cut the 17 slide but instead use a 26 slide and mod the 17 frame to fit it.

To each his own. You may like fat chicks and I don't.. But you won't see me hating on you.

Do you do grip reshaping? I know there is a company that does this in CA but it would be great to find someone locally to do something like this.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350593934.671820.jpg

Forgive the questions but I know nothing about Glocks ... is the crescent-shaped cutout in the bottom of the grip done on purpose? What is the purpose of removing that material?

Forgive the questions but I know nothing about Glocks ... is the crescent-shaped cutout in the bottom of the grip done on purpose? What is the purpose of removing that material?

That has been a feature on many other firearms. It helps aid in getting a positive grip on the magazine when stripping it from the firearm.

Great for subcompact handguns, non drop free magazines, and for people who run and gun and abuse their guns and have a need to stripe drop free magazines out of their guns :D

That has been a feature on many other firearms. It helps aid in getting a positive grip on the magazine when stripping it from the firearm.

Great for subcompact handguns, non drop free magazines, and for people who run and gun and abuse their guns and have a need to stripe drop free magazines out of their guns :D

Thanks. Never saw that before.

My carry gun (S&W 5906) uses mags with a lip to help with removal. They usually drop free on their own though.

Lou, I haven't made the G17S yet but check out my pre-ban Gen4 17. I modded a Gen2 frame to accept Gen4 slides. My work is fairly poor but I did it with a knife and drill.

It also got me thinking.. just how hard would it be to remove a little material from the inside of the grip so that non drop free mags actually drop free.

I could see both of these being very popular mod$$

[video=youtube_share;NaJ6IX_Ej1c]http://youtu.be/NaJ6IX_Ej1c[/video]

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Glock-modification-Gen-4-Slide-on-Gen-2-Frame

Back
Top Bottom