• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Custom Car Gun Storage??

So, I drive an SUV that has a trunk that is always empty. So I got the genius idea to get a custom gun box built that can store multiple firearms. I would want it to follow ALL MA gun laws (of course, and this is the most important factor hands down), be electric, and be built specifically for my SUV. Does anyone on NES know someone or know a shop that might be willing to undertake this project?

Thanks,

BBClays

I in no way would want this to be a "secret" compartment that can be deemed illegal in many states. More of a toy to transport firearms legally to the range without lugging 10 cases out to my car each time I go.

If you can design it and supply the materials, bring it to the local voc-tech school. It's a win/win, they learn how to build something cool and you get to keep the product in the end.

Bam, thank you both for the help on this. My wife showed me some cool custom boxes on this app she uses on her phone, Pinteresting or something and fell in love with the idea.

I in no way would want this to be a "secret" compartment that can be deemed illegal in many states. More of a toy to transport firearms legally to the range without lugging 10 cases out to my car each time I go.

If you need 10 cases to bring your guns out you're doing it wrong... [laugh] Internal storage is great but remember you still gotta get the guns into the car, and unless your safe is in a garage or something, it's still going to be a pain in the ass. The best part about doing this though is secure storage while parked. If you have a box welded into the truck, they're gonna have to steal the whole truck... average wussy ransack thief won't be able to get your gun.

-Mike

10 guns to the range is a huge PITA.....I remember when I first started out and bought all sorts of guns and then realized in order to enjoy them I've got to lug them to the range along with their respective ammo....it got old real quick....

10 guns to the range is a huge PITA.....I remember when I first started out and bought all sorts of guns and then realized in order to enjoy them I've got to lug them to the range along with their respective ammo....it got old real quick....

Yeah, now a days I typically limit myself to one of my CCW's, a full size pistol, and 1 rifle, 2 tops if I want to do longer distances.

Back
Top Bottom