Custom Beretta 92

Rate your berettas in order of awesomeness:
1) Italian made 92g (nicely finished and smooth) something about that gun.
2) Italian made cheetah 86 with tip up barrel ( only current beretta)
3) vertec inox
4) m9a3 (cool but.....)

I NEED another beretta.

edit....I’ve had a couple cx4 storms. One in .45 and one in 9mm....I prefer my AR based pcc.

Last edited:
Rate your berettas in order of awesomeness:
1) Italian made 92g (nicely finished and smooth) something about that gun.
2) Italian made cougar 86 with tip up barrel ( only current beretta)
3) vertec inox
4) m9a3 (cool but.....)

I NEED another beretta.

edit....I’ve had a couple cx4 storms. One in .45 and one in 9mm....I prefer my AR based pcc.
I wasn’t super thrilled with my CX4. It was cool but not cool enough to keep.

they are cool in a 1990's spaceship troopers kind of way.

(I thought the .45 kicked like a mule.)

The one model I never had a shot of getting was the Beretta Cougar and I would kill for an opportunity to own this in a 9 mm. The newer models just don't seem to have the lines and classic look that the Cougar had. Of the models I've owned, I'd say the Vertec and Cheetah are the top favorites, followed by the compacts and standard.

I'm thinking about getting a custom Beretta at some point and am wondering if anyone has experience with what I'm thinking about. Namely, I'm thinking about either Langdon 92x or Wilson 92G. Does anyone have any real experience with both? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Anthony

Langdon is doing work again? Did not know that.

FWIW though the 92x is pretty solid, I like mine. I am not getting it "customed" it is fine the way it is out of the box. So much better than an old 92FS. Only thing I dont like about it is the finish on the outside of the barrel is meh, the crown has small superficial marks on it despite me not abusing the gun. ....

The one model I never had a shot of getting was the Beretta Cougar and I would kill for an opportunity to own this in a 9 mm. The newer models just don't seem to have the lines and classic look that the Cougar had. Of the models I've owned, I'd say the Vertec and Cheetah are the top favorites, followed by the compacts and standard.
mamma mia....I can't believe it...I have a Cheetah....not a cougar.....not sure why I typed that.

I don't think it's ever been fired...... me amor!

IMG_1606.JPG

Langdon is doing work again? Did not know that.

FWIW though the 92x is pretty solid, I like mine. I am not getting it "customed" it is fine the way it is out of the box. So much better than an old 92FS. Only thing I dont like about it is the finish on the outside of the barrel is meh, the crown has small superficial marks on it despite me not abusing the gun. ....

The 92x performance......the one with SAO and cost 6 million dollars looks VERY nice.

I really like my 92a1 and have considered getting a Wilson one but now maybe a Langdon ill have to read up more on them.

I had both the Wilson Combat treatment on my standard model and Ernest Langdon's work on my Type M Compacts. Both are good, but I'd give the edge to Mr. Langdon. He was a gentleman and wonderful to deal with.

That's sexy.
This thread is going to hurt my wallet.
Anyone else want to post a picture of their Beretta to make things worse?

I had a chance to make it to the LGS today. I also checked out a base 92FS - it did feel much better than I remembered.

From my experience the best 92 I have Stock,directly out of the box is the Langdon LTT. I have not had them do any additional work to it but may consider sending it in for the complete NP3 trigger job, From what I have read it gives the gun a smooth as glass trigger with an amazing reset.

( side note : the 92x Performance is the best trigger from the factory but I consider that a different class. )

Here my stockish one I just got a week and half ago.
Its period correct for the reason I got it. 85-87 I believe. I wasn't aware till after I bought it.
Also the 22lr conversion kit.

It has the stainless recoil rod and extended mag release.

20200826_212830.jpg

That said, my standard Italian stainless and two compacts were done by a member of the Beretta forum, who goes by the handle "WAL." After I got the gun back from him, I compared his trigger work to the WC Beretta and I couldn't tell the difference. The guy is that good. I went with him to save costs as customizing is crazy expensive and I think I've only gone all out for just two guns in my collection. If you're interested, WAL can be reached via the forum: www.berettaforum.net He's every bit as good as WC, but less expensive, faster and detail oriented. As an example, if you look at the Inox compact, the grip is a WC product, but WAL removed the medallion and replaced it with a Beretta logo, which I thought was very cool. Hope the info helps.
Ive heard about Wal, Im not sure where, probably on a Youtube video. Does he have a website or anything other than his posts on the Beretta Forum?

Ive heard about Wal, Im not sure where, probably on a Youtube video. Does he have a website or anything other than his posts on the Beretta Forum?

The folks on the Beretta forum all contact him via PM and he's very responsive and a nice person to deal with. If he had his own page, I'm sure it would have been posted at some point but I've been with the forum for years and never come across it yet. Although I've had Wilson Combat and Langdon work on my guns, I've found WAL to be top notch, and going forward, any issues with my Berettas will go to him.

Last edited:
The folks on the Beretta forum all contact him via PM and he's very responsible and a nice person to deal with. If he had his own page, I'm sure it would have been posted at some point but I've been with the forum for years and never come across it yet. Although I've had Wilson Combat and Langdon work on my guns, I've found WAL to be top notch, and going forward, any issues with my Berettas will go to him.
Thanks!

Love my original Italian 92FS.
Love my both Beretta 92s from Langdon. I’m sure the Wilson Combat is fine too. If I had a newer 92 that I wanted work done the guy posted above has a great reputation.
Got the full size and the compact. I have one of the earlier full size models bone stock from them but the compact is the fully loaded model. Excited because I didn’t even see they were doing RDS models now. Would even do their shotgun if I didn’t already have one with 90% of what they’d do to it.
Edit to add a photo.
7DAD56D5-4F9C-43C7-9F14-EC975CD6E772.jpeg

Last edited:

Wal is quite knowledgeable about Beretta's. I'm not sure, so take that for what it's worth, but I think the Beretta Forum is his (Wal).

Jay

Im going to say this honestly,

I had the opportunity to shoot a langdon 92, my modded 92/96 back to back.

I honestly wouldnt want to spend the money on buying one direct from either.

If you are comfortable with taking your gun apart and swittching things in and out, its much cheaper if you take a 92/96 and mod it to your tastes.

I also had the pleasure of shooting a 92x performance the same day, and thats a different breed of animal completly than the langdon.

In saying that, i would spend the money on the 92x performance or modding your own over buying the wilson or langdon.

Edit: The biggest bonus about the langdon is the rdo cut.

I also found a shop (Allegheny arms) that dors frame safety conversions like the 92x performance has.
Im debating on doing that in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom