Custom 10/22 parts

I was looking at some custom 10/22 parts and such on another website, and at the bottom, they had a disclaimer that said, "Note: Combined installation of these accessories permitted only on pre-ban firearms"

Does that basically mean; If I buy an new 10/22 I can't build it with all the parts but if it is pre ban... I can?

Basically, I'm going to be buying a 10/22 in the next month or so, but if I will be limited on modification by buying a new one... I guess I'd be looking for an old one.

Or is all of this no point because we are in MA anyway?

are ya trying to make me jelous [wink]

He may not be but I'll have a go at it. [smile]

cb1cd1ec.jpg

440c2623.jpg

011_15.jpg

Old pre ban Ruger 10/22s are great for tearing down and making them into what ever you want. With tons of accessories and kits available, you'll run out of money before you run out of ideas once you start tinkering with them.
I suggest getting this book: http://www.booktrails.com/Guns_Rifles/Ultimate Ruger 1022.asp
That will get you started and give you full understanding of the rifle's workings and offer tips on tinkering, etc.
I have a Dragunov style stock like shown here: http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0018856221265a.shtml thats for sale if you're interested. I'll let it go for $35 plus $5 shipping. PM me if you're interested in the stock.

yup... that did it.

Ok... so my guess is that a pre ban, I can pretty much do what I want with it, but a post ban is kinda of limits?

yup... that did it.

Ok... so my guess is that a pre ban, I can pretty much do what I want with it, but a post ban is kinda of limits?

When the AWB was in effect all over the country folding stocks were sold with the advertisement "Used to replace broken or existing folding stocks". I always took it as that old crusty 10/22 rifle that someone got at the gun show for $100 with a folding stock that had a busted locking mechanism needed to be replaced.
I bought up that same question you did a long time back when I built that rifle pictured but didn't get much response. Maybe a posting in the gun laws forum would get beter info.

there is a list of banned weapons but I'm not sure where I saw it but I don't think the 10/22 is on the list and if you do "upgrade" the list of things you can't have ,folding stock,flash hider etc might be of some help on your project.

there is a list of banned weapons but I'm not sure where I saw it but I don't think the 10/22 is on the list and if you do "upgrade" the list of things you can't have ,folding stock,flash hider etc might be of some help on your project.

Thats why if I go with a pre ban... I can get away with stuff like the folder and such... or at least that is the way Im interpeting it. But that is why I asked...

Thats why if I go with a pre ban... I can get away with stuff like the folder and such... or at least that is the way Im interpeting it. But that is why I asked...

I am NOT so sure of that. See my reply in the other thread. Best check very carefully here, as I am not 100% positive, but do believe that I have read elsewhere about this issue.

I saw that post, thanks LenS.

So basically, it would have to have pre ban goodies on it already (and would have to have been pre ban) and can be replaced wiht the like.

But I could not buy a stock pre ban and put pre ban goodies on it. If I understand this correctly now.

ok. That makes more sense.

Thanks again.

In all honesty, I think Im really only looking to get one with a folder and find some 30+ round mags for it. But, just incase I get the urge... its nice to know I can tinker with it [smile]

Back
Top Bottom