Current Wait Time for LTC?

Hi guys,

Some of you may remember a post I put on around Christmas. I had my LTC A expire quite a few years ago. I put in for renewal in Medford, and luckily I was still in the system, so no need for prints, etc. which is good I guess.

I'm a little over a month in on the wait and was just curious if anyone knows what standard turnaround is given the recent likely surge in apps for licenses. Check still hasn't been cashed, so that must mean the background check isn't complete yet?

Ok, all they told me was 'pending' and told me it was still in local PD's hands. Guess that gets me nowhere as if I call the PD I'm sure I'll just get the run around.

Yea. That means that your local PD is sitting on it. Here are some steps:

1. Go Green
2. Search Medford Process/Wait Time
3. After you pass the 40 day mark, email Comm2A and let them know what's going on
4. Donate a crap ton of money to Comm2A

Ok, all they told me was 'pending' and told me it was still in local PD's hands. Guess that gets me nowhere as if I call the PD I'm sure I'll just get the run around.

I'm on day 41 of my wait right now and the as of yesterday I was still pending. I'm debating wether or not I should call the PD and ask nicely what the holdup is, or if I should just call my state rep to see if I can get some help from him. I'm not sure if the state rep would help since he's got a D grade from GOAL.

Hi guys,

Ok, just to clarify....is there only ONE place to call to check, i.e. "GOAL"? They told me they don't have the ability to check whether the background check was done and can said they can only confirm pending/approved/denied, etc.

Is there any way to check the status of the background check, or would this only be possible by directly contacting PD? Or is there some other place I should be calling?

Hi guys,

Ok, just to clarify....is there only ONE place to call to check, i.e. "GOAL"? They told me they don't have the ability to check whether the background check was done and can said they can only confirm pending/approved/denied, etc.

Is there any way to check the status of the background check, or would this only be possible by directly contacting PD? Or is there some other place I should be calling?

Firearms record bureau 617-660-4722 they can tell you if they have rec. it for review and printing. they will not be able to help with background checks. only if the application has been submitted by local pd for printing. at least it is one place to go without calling your local pd. I submitted on dec. 13th 2012, just hit week 7 no update since initial application at pd .

Firearms record bureau 617-660-4722 they can tell you if they have rec. it for review and printing. they will not be able to help with background checks. only if the application has been submitted by local pd for printing. at least it is one place to go without calling your local pd. I submitted on dec. 13th 2012, just hit week 7 no update since initial application at pd .

Jake - what town did you put application in with? I'm STILL waiting. I applied on 12/27, so I'm about 8 weeks now and still waiting. Did you get your LTC yet?

Back
Top Bottom