Current feedback on Sig P320?

Handled a Sig P320 at my LGS yesterday, and liked it a lot. I was impressed by the trigger pull and reset dry firing it. I did some research on it, and found some concerns, albeit from a few years back. Those included failed drop tests and double ejections. I have not found anything recent.

For those who have the P320, have these issues been corrected, and how do you like the gun overall. Of note, I would be getting the .45 as I am mostly a 1911 shooter.

As you noted the issues you've read about are from when the 320 first came out. Sig has since resolved those issues. I'm also considering the full size 320 w/ the Romeo red dot site. Shot it a few times and have enjoyed the feel.

I have a full size; and compact exchange kit; in 9. So far mine has run like a top through quite a few classes.

I can't speak for the .45 or using a p320 with the safety. Just remember you cannot interchange the .45 with the .40 or 9 kits.

Take a class up at the SIG academy and they will loan you one for the day. See if you like it.

The 320 seems to be a decent gun. I do not like the shape of the standard grip frame, but some people like it quite well. I much prefer the shape of the frame used on the X5 versions, and I slightly wonder why this frame was not the standard. I recommend trying a few options before you choose one.

I am also not crazy about the thumb safety on the Massachusetts versions, but I believe the Mass X5 versions do not have the thumb safety because they were approved through the target roster. If you find a version you like, they are reasonable for the price.

Grip module is key. If you have the chance/opportunity, hit up the pro shop in Exeter, NH and fondle every grip module you can.

I won a compact, and switched the grip module to an X-carry, and it sit/feels/performs better (for me).

The prices are better there too.

IMG_20191226_172444.jpg

here is my experience with a sample of one. I have a 320 compact without the safety in 9. I have just over 4k rounds through it. I shot the gun very well and liked the trigger. The gun is tall and fat for what it is. It was extremely accurate until I hit just over 3k rounds with it. The accuracy fell way off after that. It's not terrible but it significantly fell off. I also had three failures to extract in that time frame. I also found the gun flippy if that makes any sense. I really liked it a lot but the fte and the loss of accuracy kind of killed it for me. Just my experience as always ymmv.

Great, point me to one that has them. Thanks.

Point of clarification as you're new to NES. You can buy Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks from many local gun stores that have them in stock. You're not going to find new Gen 5 Glocks for sale due to our fun MA laws. As to LGS, go over to Four Seasons. They have a bunch of Glocks for sale on one of their walls.

Point of clarification as you're new to NES. You can buy Gen 1 and Gen 2 Glocks from many local gun stores that have them in stock. You're not going to find new Gen 5 Glocks for sale due to our fun MA laws. As to LGS, go over to Four Seasons. They have a bunch of Glocks for sale on one of their walls.
Thanks, yes, I've been to Four Seasons many times, and have purchased firearms from them. My question/statement above in post #14 was concerning new Glocks however. They do not list any new Glocks on their web site, only used. I inferred from that, that they, like all other shops I've visited, still do not sell new Glocks, hence, it being easier in NH than MA to get a new Glock.

Great, point me to one that has them. Thanks.
Not going to spoon feed someone new that I don't know, but I will just say plenty of non-LEOs are getting brand new Glocks in MA. Virtually any semi-auto pistol can be had in MA if you know what you are doing. A cursory glance of the classifieds will show plenty of people with non-list guns, and they didn't all move here recently.

You may want to make friends at your local clubs or participate in shooting sports where those who are knowledgeable about the ins and the outs of Mass law congregate.

Obviously we don't want to post on a public forum ways to legally acquire items that the MA legislature has deemed "unsafe," lest they seek to further their misguided attempts to save MA residents from themselves.

I picked up a very slightly used P320 compact in .45 last weekend and just got to shoot it today. I'm loving it. It points very naturally for me, the trigger is amazing and for the first day with it in my hand was putting most of my other pistols to shame. Two thumbs up.

My 320 is the least accurate striker fired pistol I have. Also, the mag release is in a spot that rests under my thumb. I am constantly accidently engaging the mag release and the mag falls out the bottom. I have added a Hogue wrap-around grip which seems to place my thumb in a different spot, but now the grip is a lot bigger than I like.

Dave

My 320 is the least accurate striker fired pistol I have. Also, the mag release is in a spot that rests under my thumb. I am constantly accidently engaging the mag release and the mag falls out the bottom. I have added a Hogue wrap-around grip which seems to place my thumb in a different spot, but now the grip is a lot bigger than I like.

Dave

least accurate as in from a rest? or least accurate in terms of how the human is shooting it like "shootability"?
i found my two 9mm P320's to be very accurate when rested...actually remarkably accurate in the range of 2.5 - 3" groups at 25 yards. i don't recall which ammo i figured. i still hate the pistol and am glad i got out of it altogether. the trigger and grip just are not for me. I did not have such issue with the mag release but can see that occurring. i've on rare occasion had my support hand index finger engage an ambi mag release on the R side of pistol but not my support hand thumb engage the L side. IIRC many people had your issue with the walther PPQ despite the shelf protecting the top of the mag release.

my 92's are some of the least accurate 9mm's I own but I shoot them so well it doesn't matter. however at 100 yards it gets annoying. with a P226 or CZ 75 I can ring the 18" plate but with the 92 it's just not up to the task.

least accurate as in from a rest? or least accurate in terms of how the human is shooting it like "shootability"?

Least accurate in that my vp9 and glock out shoot it regardless of ammo, and whether I’m shooting right handed, left handed, one handed, two handed, from a rest or not. I don’t recall the 320 out performing the others in any side by side comparison.

Dave

Last edited:
Tried the P320 today at Mass Firearms, shooting both the .45 and the 9mm. The triggers were as good live as when I dry fired at my LGS. I found the .45 to be more accurate than the 9mm. I shot both with range ammo, so that may have been a factor, or not. Ultimately, I did not buy either, even though they have excellent prices there, and would have knocked off a couple bucks because of the rental. My feeling was the 9mm wasn't as accurate as I would have liked, and the .45 was too light (especially compared to my EDC 1911) in the polymer platform to shoot comfortably for an extended amount.

Back
Top Bottom