• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current CMP Pricing as of 12/30/14

Okay so I decided to call CMP and get this price/shipping debate settled. I spoke with a Vicky and she told me that the $11.95 shipping cost will be manually removed when CMP is ready to process the order. So I've confirmed that the new ammo price is just $136.

Okay so I decided to call CMP and get this price/shipping debate settled. I spoke with a Vicky and she told me that the $11.95 shipping cost will be manually removed when CMP is ready to process the order. So I've confirmed that the new ammo price is just $136.

Cool. I wonder if they're ever going to automate the free shipping.

CMP web site and restore are to me......old dated system? At least compared to other online stores.
They did revamp the home page website though.
Plus they are putting more time and,money into the shooting complex. Maybe someday I will get the re e for the eastern games?

Received!
According to the serial # chart here http://usriflecal30m1.com/ProductionGraph.aspx

Got a November 1943 with a July 1945 barrel. Throat and muzzle are 1+ and looks like it has newish wood. Definitely not original. I got a mixmaster of blonde and redheaded wood. [smile]

I'll take some pix on Friday.

I took the pix, but didn't have time to upload. I'll take care of that on Monday. I've come to hate digital photography. Not taking the pics, but uploading, cropping, posting, etc. It's one of those things that I wish I could delegate.

I took the pix, but didn't have time to upload. I'll take care of that on Monday. I've come to hate digital photography. Not taking the pics, but uploading, cropping, posting, etc. It's one of those things that I wish I could delegate.
I agree I spent 40 min today trying to figure out where in my computer the pics I took last night went!! Down loaded from camera to HRA Barrel change file.....nope not there. Owell

I have a couple of rear handguards that would match that stock color better if you'd like to swap.

Received my can. Exterior is rusted pretty good.
Not sure if I want to keep this and stored in the can as is.
How are you guys storing your HXP?

How does the CMP store this stuff prior to shipment?

large wooden boxes,.... if the interior is ok it will be fine, just dont place cans next to others with rust, The rusty cans like to share thier rot.
I sandblast them and paint them...

- - - Updated - - -

That's a nice rifle. [cheers]

thats about as new as a barrel gets! nice. There seems to be as good amount of 1950s barrels on the SG SAs. I wonder if CMP has a lot of NOS barrels?

The CMP stores all the ammo in their warehouses. That ammo came from Greece and they stored it wherever was available. Probably a cave somewhere.

The CMP stores all the ammo in their warehouses. That ammo came from Greece and they stored it wherever was available. Probably a cave somewhere.

Where the loose stuff comes from, well any where they get it really... heres a few images. Might not all be CMP stuff but you get the idea. Alot of it from the chatter is de linked ammo or just random boxes of loose bandoleers, damaged sealed tins ectect.

I cant find it now but a past CMP news letter showed volenteers sorting weighing and boxing up loose ammo....was just laid out on a big table. CMP gets lots of items that are just crammed in boxes. If subscribe to the Garand collectors association the quaterly mag is awesome. They did a artivle a while back on the greek/turkish returns and they where just loosely tossed in big crates. not the nice packed rifle cases...

Back
Top Bottom