Current CMP Pricing as of 12/30/14

When the surplus dries up I bet PPU will raise the price closer to $1 a round.

Yeah I'm just waiting for that vendor to jack up the price. I'm sure once they catch wind of the HXP price increase it will go up but who knows. Fingers crossed lol.

Spam cans are back
4C3006X211-240P 30.06 HXP 240 rds per can
Ammo $178.00

Doesn't list shipping.

Checked the loose ammo - they removed the $11.95 shipping. So it may just be $136 shipped.
Hrmmm some of the CMP forum guys are saying S&H still gets tacked on. I'm not sure now.

Last edited:
Spam cans are back
Ammo $178.00

Doesn't list shipping.

Checked the loose ammo - they removed the $11.95 shipping. So it may just be $136 shipped.
Hrmmm some of the CMP forum guys are saying S&H still gets tacked on. I'm not sure now.

Ohh interesting. Sounds like someone should call CMP and get an answer from them. Let us know if you hear anymore updates.

Edit: I just added a 200 rd can to my cart then at the checkout it is showing the $11.95 shipping charge so I'm going to say that they still are charging for shipping??

Last edited:
Yup

200 rnds $136 + $11.95 = $147.50
240 can $178 + $19.95 = $197.95

I should have bought a lot more last year!

ETA - I bought 2 cans right after Christmas with tracking showing a delivery of tomorrow. At least I ordered some more before the price increase I guess.

Last edited:
Ohh interesting. Sounds like someone should call CMP and get an answer from them. Let us know if you hear anymore updates.

Edit: I just added a 200 rd can to my cart then at the checkout it is showing the $11.95 shipping charge so I'm going to say that they still are charging for shipping??

Which would contradict previous mailings of rolling the shipping cost into prices. Unless it only applies to rifles? Though I would lean towards it applying to ammo as well since they've recently 86'ed the S&H prices from the descriptions. Maybe the cart will update to be free shipping. I've got a couple of cans of loose 30-06 sitting in my cart at $118 before the price changed.. I wonder if I can get free shipping on it?! [smile]

If you guys can recall, when was the last time CMP sold spam cans with ammo loaded in enbloc clips with bandoliers? Seems like they've only offered spam cans with boxed ammo for quite a while now.

When was the last time they sold 4 spam cans to a crate, with ammo loaded in enbloc clips in bandoliers?

Just curious, thanks.

If you guys can recall, when was the last time CMP sold spam cans with ammo loaded in enbloc clips with bandoliers? Seems like they've only offered spam cans with boxed ammo for quite a while now.

When was the last time they sold 4 spam cans to a crate, with ammo loaded in enbloc clips in bandoliers?

Just curious, thanks.

I think they had clipped bandoliers a year or two ago? I may be wrong. A search on the CMP Forums would probably give you a more accurate time frame. I believe they have some in inventory now - but they're waiting to sell those until the loose sells out? So much has happened I cant keep all of CMP's stories straight.

Spam cans are back
Ammo $178.00

Doesn't list shipping.

The new price increase is supposed to list just a total price.... "free" shipping if you will.

As for the HXP on clips and bandoleers those will be released when the current HXP cans are sold out

I don't see the point buying the surplus anymore. The new PPU costs 68 cents per round plus shipping ($18 from the vendor I checked). It's brand new with a lead bullet in new ammo can. From the website: "30-06 Springfield ammo is brass case, non-corrosive boxer primed, and 100% non-magnetic for range safe and comes in commercial 20 round blue and white boxes."

I don't see the point buying the surplus anymore. The new PPU costs 68 cents per round plus shipping ($18 from the vendor I checked). It's brand new with a lead bullet in new ammo can. From the website: "30-06 Springfield ammo is brass case, non-corrosive boxer primed, and 100% non-magnetic for range safe and comes in commercial 20 round blue and white boxes."
It groups better in my rifles. Is it the best....no. I would tell you to reload if you plan on shooting more than 500 rounds per year.

It groups better in my rifles. Is it the best....no. I would tell you to reload if you plan on shooting more than 500 rounds per year.

I just started making some more test loads last night with 4064, 4895, and Varget. I was going to try the mid-range loads= around 2500 fps. But Im also going to make some heavier loads to get near the PPU/HXP velocities= around 2700 fps. See what my Garand likes best. I've read on other forums and some threads here that the accuracy in many cases, goes up when you're reaching the higher end load data. We shall see. These are with Nosler CC 168 BTHPs.

That vendor doesn't ship to MA but the vendor I buy from ships to MA and is just a tad bit cheaper but not by much.

I figured I'd post this quick list of current pricing so we can compare when they release the new prices.

I'll limit this to the Garand.

Field ---- $595 + $29.95 shipping
Service - $695 + $29.95 shipping
Special - $995 + " " " [both .308 and .30-06]
M1C Sniper Service - $3000 + $29.95 shipping
M1C Sniper Field -- $2200 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Service -$1500 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Field --- $1200 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Rack --- $900 + " " " "
Drill ---- $345 + $29.95 shipping

Field ---- $630 Shipped
Service - $730 Shipped
Special - $1030 Shipped [both .308 and .30-06]
M1C Sniper Service - $3035 Shipped
M1C Sniper Field -- $2235 Shipped
M1D Sniper Service -$1535 Shipped
M1D Sniper Field --- $1235 Shipped
M1D Sniper Rack --- $935 Shipped
Drill ---- $380 Shipped

Field ---- $630 Shipped
Service - $730 Shipped
Special - $1030 Shipped [both .308 and .30-06]
M1C Sniper Service - $3035 Shipped
M1C Sniper Field -- $2235 Shipped
M1D Sniper Service -$1535 Shipped
M1D Sniper Field --- $1235 Shipped
M1D Sniper Rack --- $935 Shipped
Drill ---- $380 Shipped

Good to see prices more or less stayed the same.

I just started making some more test loads last night with 4064, 4895, and Varget. I was going to try the mid-range loads= around 2500 fps. But Im also going to make some heavier loads to get near the PPU/HXP velocities= around 2700 fps. See what my Garand likes best. I've read on other forums and some threads here that the accuracy in many cases, goes up when you're reaching the higher end load data. We shall see. These are with Nosler CC 168 BTHPs.

Don't get to hung up on it. Establish a base line of accuracy for your M1. Make sure your rifle is at its best to deliver the most accuracy.
1. Gas cylinder doesn't shift left and right
2. Front handguard has a little play front to rear.
3. Rear hand guard is not contacting receiver.
4. Nice lock up of trigger ...... The factory spec is 3/8" ...The guard with out source should stop 3/8" before you need to slap it into place.
5. Op rod not rubbing.
6. Tighten the front stacking swivel in a forward position level with the barrel as to keep it from swinging around and hitting the barrel.
7. Take a good look at rear sight. Make sure it doesn't wobble left to right.

After that shoot from a stable rest. Support the rifle just in front of the trigger assembly and a bag on the rear. I use the lead sled plus with 50# on it. The sled has made a good improvement for testing for groups.
Remember test for groups. Some times you might need to bring the target in a little to make sure your sight picture and hold are as best as,possible.
I tested my loads 1grain apart. It's unlikely a 1/2 grain will show a change out of a M1.
In the end once your sure your M1 is at its fullest ability to deliver its potential accuracy. The bullets themselves will give you your most improvement. As for powder charge. My M1 I use for JCG as issued match. There is not a huge gain from my modest load to the max load. Plus once I'm slung up and prone I'm not going to see a1/2" difference in group size. So I save the 2.5 grains per round and load on the low side.

If you want to see if your M1 is up to USGI standards. Draw a 3.5"W x 5"T rectangle with a 1.5" aiming dot in the middle place the target @ 27.7 yards. Set your windage to center Elevation 8 clicks up.
Take 3 warm up shots the next five shots aiming at the dot should fall with in the rectangle and thev5 shot group must be no more the 1.77" in testing the rifle is allowed 2 tries to achieve this. If it fails it's,off to found out why.....mind you they didn't test every rifle. They did batch and group testing.
The over haul manual goes into detail on the actual batch testing...plus they use a average of many rifles to determine a failed group... in the end if your rifle and you can hold the black of a SR1 target at 100 yards your doing well.

Don't get to hung up on it. Establish a base line of accuracy for your M1. Make sure your rifle is at its best to deliver the most accuracy.
1. Gas cylinder doesn't shift left and right
2. Front handguard has a little play front to rear.
3. Rear hand guard is not contacting receiver.
4. Nice lock up of trigger ...... The factory spec is 3/8" ...The guard with out source should stop 3/8" before you need to slap it into place.
5. Op rod not rubbing.
6. Tighten the front stacking swivel in a forward position level with the barrel as to keep it from swinging around and hitting the barrel.
7. Take a good look at rear sight. Make sure it doesn't wobble left to right.

After that shoot from a stable rest. Support the rifle just in front of the trigger assembly and a bag on the rear. I use the lead sled plus with 50# on it. The sled has made a good improvement for testing for groups.
Remember test for groups. Some times you might need to bring the target in a little to make sure your sight picture and hold are as best as,possible.
I tested my loads 1grain apart. It's unlikely a 1/2 grain will show a change out of a M1.
In the end once your sure your M1 is at its fullest ability to deliver its potential accuracy. The bullets themselves will give you your most improvement. As for powder charge. My M1 I use for JCG as issued match. There is not a huge gain from my modest load to the max load. Plus once I'm slung up and prone I'm not going to see a1/2" difference in group size. So I save the 2.5 grains per round and load on the low side.

If you want to see if your M1 is up to USGI standards. Draw a 3.5"W x 5"T rectangle with a 1.5" aiming dot in the middle place the target @ 27.7 yards. Set your windage to center Elevation 8 clicks up.
Take 3 warm up shots the next five shots aiming at the dot should fall with in the rectangle and thev5 shot group must be no more the 1.77" in testing the rifle is allowed 2 tries to achieve this. If it fails it's,off to found out why.....mind you they didn't test every rifle. They did batch and group testing.
The over haul manual goes into detail on the actual batch testing...plus they use a average of many rifles to determine a failed group... in the end if your rifle and you can hold the black of a SR1 target at 100 yards your doing well.

Some really good information here, thanks mac.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like the CMP figured out a good way to boost their end of year sales. The price increase is what, $5.05?

Still the best bargains in the world for Garands.

Okay so it is confirmed that the $136 INCLUDES shipping??

Okay so it is confirmed that the $136 INCLUDES shipping??

I believe you're talking about the HXP Loose - that's still unconfirmed. At this point in time - it appears shipping & handling is not included. I'm sure it will take some eStore massaging to get it to reflect no shipping costs (if that's actually happening).

ETA: just posted on the CMP forums - no one seems to know yet.

Last edited:
I believe you're talking about the HXP Loose - that's still unconfirmed. At this point in time - it appears shipping & handling is not included. I'm sure it will take some eStore massaging to get it to reflect no shipping costs (if that's actually happening).

ETA: just posted on the CMP forums - no one seems to know yet.

Yeah I was talking about the loose HXP. I just made an account on the CMP forums and saw your post in that "HXP is officially more than Prvi" thread. But I've yet to get an email to confirm my account there, so I can't post yet[angry]. Must take a day or two to register I guess.

Last edited:
Yeah I was talking about the loose HXP. I just made an account on the CMP forums and saw your post in that "HXP is officially more than Prvi" thread. But I've yet to get an email to confirm my account thereso I can't post yet[angry]. Must take a day or two to register I guess.

Yeah - a bunch of the fudds over there are butt hurt because a guy had mentioned his .MIL friend buys him ammo because he gets a discount. They're comparing that to stolen valor. [sad2]

Yeah - a bunch of the fudds over there are butt hurt because a guy had mentioned his .MIL friend buys him ammo because he gets a discount. They're comparing that to stolen valor. [sad2]

Yeah they seemed quite butt hurt for sure. It's not like he has some sort of fake .MIL ID that he's using, now that would be bad but whatever.

Yeah they seemed quite butt hurt for sure. It's not like he has some sort of fake .MIL ID that he's using, now that would be bad but whatever.

imagine what they would do to the people using the discount then selling the bullets (factory 2nds)
or deals on over runs for retail at the club? Im sure the vendor is well aware of a certain % of those who use the discounts will buy for friends.
I dont know a single LEO,Military or first responders that reload. I would assume the % of buyers that have the discount is pretty low.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom