• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current CMP Pricing as of 12/30/14

The5thDentist

NES Life Member
NES Member
I figured I'd post this quick list of current pricing so we can compare when they release the new prices.

I'll limit this to the Garand.

Field ---- $595 + $29.95 shipping
Service - $695 + $29.95 shipping
Special - $995 + " " " [both .308 and .30-06]
M1C Sniper Service - $3000 + $29.95 shipping
M1C Sniper Field -- $2200 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Service -$1500 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Field --- $1200 + " " " "
M1D Sniper Rack --- $900 + " " " "
Drill ---- $345 + $29.95 shipping

.30-06 M2 Ball Greek HXP 200 RDS LOOSE IN .30 CAL CAN $118.00 + $11.95 S&H
30.06 HXP 240 rds per can $150.00 + $19.95 S&H
.3006 AP Incediary Ammunition 20 RDS/PK $70.00 + $6.95 S&H

Jeez 240 round tins 71 cents per round.....feels like yesterday I picked up several 240 round tins for 38 cents per round shipped....yikes should have bought more before the 10 case limits came along.
Friend just bought PPU M2 for 73 cents per round shipped and sold the new ammo can it comes in for 20$. Bringing it down to 69 cents..I ..

I hope the cmp restructures ammo prices for clubs so the cost to shoot a club CMP shoot doesn't get to high. I think 40$ is going to put a huge dent in attendance at many clubs.

Last edited:
Jeez 240 round tins 71 cents per round.....feels like yesterday I picked up several 240 round tins for 38 cents per round shipped....yikes should have bought more before the 10 case limits came along.
Friend just bought PPU M2 for 73 cents per round shipped and sold the new ammo can it comes in for 20$. Bringing it down to 69 cents....

Yeah I was just thinking about the PPU 30-06 I got for 69 cents each but that vendor has since increased the price by $9 bumping the cost per round to ~72 cents. If CMP goes much higher than its current prices, it will be better to buy the PPU ammo instead.

With these price increases coming, I've been thinking about those reproduction 1903a4s....But I'd need to sell a gun or 2 to free up some cash.

Last edited:
Can you get me in touch w that buyer?? I've got more $10 ammo cans to flip for $20 :)))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theres a few guys at the cmp shoots that will buy just about any ammo can in usable condition.
10-15$ for 30 cal and and 20-25 for 50 cal. I always bring stuff I weant to sell to cmp shoots sometimes it goes sometimes it does not. good luck.

You suck, I was thinking I had enough for now. [laugh] I just put in another order for a can.

When I reorganized my safe and ammo cabinet last week, I found I had about 1500 rounds of .30-06 with the same amount in 8mm. That may seem like a lot, but last time out with the Garand and the Norge K98k I shot off 88 rounds of .30-06. That comes out to another 17 range trips.

T

Last edited:
Hmmm...

May have to at least order some more ammo, just because. Wish they sold bulk projectiles.

New Year's Day range trip with the new CMP Special may be in order.

I've only got about 250-300 of both HXP and PPU ammo. Need to continue reloading 30-06 as I have a lot of powder and a bunch of 168 gr BTHP bullets.

Decided to order another can- what the hell. Price is going up so why not I guess.

Last edited:
Looks like I screwed up and let my club membership lapse. Estore won't accept an order for a lousy can. Oh well hopefully the price increase is not more than 10%.

I think they blamed last years price increase on increased cost of healthcare.

My club affiliation expired today; I renewed and added a note in my order that it was on the way so I could still get the price.

T

Looks like I screwed up and let my club membership lapse. Estore won't accept an order for a lousy can. Oh well hopefully the price increase is not more than 10%.

I think they blamed last years price increase on increased cost of healthcare.

Do it the old fashioned was instead of through the E-Store if you want to lock in the price.

- - - Updated - - -

When I reorganized my safe and ammo cabinet last week, I found I had about 1500 rounds of .30-06 with the same amount in 8mm. That may seem like a lot, but last time out with the Garand and the Norge K98k I shot off 88 rounds of .30-06. That comes out to another 17 range trips.

T

Luckily I buy more than I shoot. Which is why every quarter or so, I start purging some ammo that I have sitting around. The surplus HXP isn't part of that purge though [smile] I honestly don't even have a rough count for what I have - I just know it's going to be a sad day when I hear that surplus 30-06 has reached $1/rnd and I'll be looking back on this day saying, I should've bought more.

Do it the old fashioned was instead of through the E-Store if you want to lock in the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily I buy more than I shoot. Which is why every quarter or so, I start purging some ammo that I have sitting around. The surplus HXP isn't part of that purge though [smile] I honestly don't even have a rough count for what I have - I just know it's going to be a sad day when I hear that surplus 30-06 has reached $1/rnd and I'll be looking back on this day saying, I should've bought more.

Thats when it makes much more sense to start reloading 30-06 for ~40 cents a round which I stopped doing over the last couple months.

Thats when it makes much more sense to start reloading 30-06 for ~40 cents a round which I stopped doing over the last couple months.

Truth. I hope when I come to that bridge I'll be in a place where I can actually setup a reloading station. Sure my roommates will think I've finally gone FR if I tell them I'm making ammo in the basement.

All my m1's are to nice to make into a 308. I have a nice m1a super match rifle. My get a service grade it's like money in the bank.

The 308s from the cmp are their own builds. They will climb slower in value than one that was issued.
A few usgi 308s hit the cmp auction here and there.

I'll have to pass on ammo until after the price increase. And I think the next rifle I buy will be a rack grade, just to see what they are like.

I doubt rack grades will be back anytime soon. I might be wrong but I thought Orest said rack grades would be sold in stores only at some point? If you want to know what they are like. Just think rack grade good enough to stay on the rack but not quite good enough for the field. It will headspace and,be well used... I bought a rack grade Winchester before they ran out. It was rough. I was offered more than I paid just because it was a Winchester. You never know what you will get though.
I happen to trade for a field grade recently and the M and T gauge #s are lower than any of my SG.
Barrel is like new.

I doubt rack grades will be back anytime soon. I might be wrong but I thought Orest said rack grades would be sold in stores only at some point? If you want to know what they are like. Just think rack grade good enough to stay on the rack but not quite good enough for the field. It will headspace and,be well used... I bought a rack grade Winchester before they ran out. It was rough. I was offered more than I paid just because it was a Winchester. You never know what you will get though.
I happen to trade for a field grade recently and the M and T gauge #s are lower than any of my SG.
Barrel is like new.

Some of the rack grades people are posting on the forums have been service grade like. Some of them, more beat up. The biggest thing I see with rack grades, are the TE and ME have generally been higher than SG - otherwise it's more or less a toss up between the two grades WRT to metal, stocks etc. I was bummed that my sticky for a HRA this past service grade order wasn't honored - but it's understandable considering HRAs are being filled still for the back orders. I was hoping that the HRA backorder was tapering off and I might've gotten another HRA. So now I'm at 4 SAs, 1 HRA. No WRA or IHC :(

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=155103
I would've had more luck asking for a HRA Rack Grade. Live and Learn. I prefer the Service Grades - I feel like there's more value to a rifle that has a better ME and TE

Last edited:
The field grade I just let go was a SA/8-44, with a 0+/2 2-1955 barrel. The field grade I kept was a SA 10-41 with a 3+/4 11-1946 barrel. Bore was not as bright and sharp, but still plenty shiny, and I seemed to shoot better with it than the other. Also the stock turned out to have the correct SA/GHA proof and almost all the parts were SA/1941-2.

T

The one I kept are the small pics.

Last edited:
Some of the rack grades people are posting on the forums have been service grade like. Some of them, more beat up. The biggest thing I see with rack grades, are the TE and ME have generally been higher than SG - otherwise it's more or less a toss up between the two grades WRT to metal, stocks etc. I was bummed that my sticky for a HRA this past service grade order wasn't honored - but it's understandable considering HRAs are being filled still for the back orders. I was hoping that the HRA backorder was tapering off and I might've gotten another HRA. So now I'm at 4 SAs, 1 HRA. No WRA or IHC :(

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=155103
I would've had more luck asking for a HRA Rack Grade. Live and Learn. I prefer the Service Grades - I feel like there's more value to a rifle that has a better ME and TE

your thinking field grade.....rack grades will not be anything close to Service grades. Rack grades have not been offered for some time.

your thinking field grade.....rack grades will not be anything close to Service grades. Rack grades have not been offered for some time.

You are correct! My mistake, I've been staring at computer screens too long..,
Rack grades have been a thing of the past. I think I remember seeing them 2? Years ago when I was putting in one of my very first garand orders

Looks like the spam cans sold out. You know, the CMP wasn't too smart on this price increase.
If someone maxed out their 10 can limit last year, couldn't they max out their 10 can limit this calendar year as well, at the old pricing?

If I were a hoarder (and had the cash), that's what I'd do.

The field grade I just let go was a SA/8-44, with a 0+/2 2-1955 barrel. The field grade I kept was a SA 10-41 with a 3+/4 11-1946 barrel. Bore was not as bright and sharp, but still plenty shiny, and I seemed to shoot better with it than the other. Also the stock turned out to have the correct SA/GHA proof and almost all the parts were SA/1941-2.

T

The one I kept are the small pics.

You just never know how a M1 will shoot. Stock fit, snug sights and a reworking of the trigger to smooth things will go a long way to improving them

Back
Top Bottom