Current Ammo Prices

Lady Radtekk used to roll her eyes when I got "another case" of ammo. 9mm, .45acp, .223, 5.56, 7.62x39, .22lr... Then side-eye when I tol here I needed to build another set of ammo shelves. Now I tell her what I paid vs what ammo is going for and I'm a near-genius.

When prices come back in 6 months to a year I plan to double my current stock.

Lady Radtekk used to roll her eyes when I got "another case" of ammo. 9mm, .45acp, .223, 5.56, 7.62x39, .22lr... Then side-eye when I tol here I needed to build another set of ammo shelves. Now I tell her what I paid vs what ammo is going for and I'm a near-genius.

When prices come back in 6 months to a year I plan to double my current stock.

Yep, I got the wife on board the same way. She’s actually relieved that she never has to worry about running out now.

Little worried about what I’ll do when things calm down, what was my voice of reason and caution is now 100% on the same crazy train as me.

When do you stop sharing? I have given a few hundred rounds to my father in law, who was unprepared, and cant find 9mm anywhere. I like the guy, but don't want to make myself short down the road if this foolishness lasts.

Yep, I got the wife on board the same way. She’s actually relieved that she never has to worry about running out now.

Little worried about what I’ll do when things calm down, what was my voice of reason and caution is now 100% on the same crazy train as me.
Yah, pretty much every Walmart trip I'd put a couple of 100 round boxes of 12ga in the cart. Now I'm up over 2k and a buddy that shoots 3gun is jonesing. Did the same thing after my daughter bought herself a 20ga last Thanksgiving, she won't run out either.

Lady Radtekk has a convert at work that just bought a Glock 44 but could only get a single brick. I told her to just come over and shoot with us any time she wants, we won't run out. She was worried, I showed her the 22 shelf. She's not worried anymore and Lady Radtekk gets to have fun.

When do you stop sharing? I have given a few hundred rounds to my father in law, who was unprepared, and cant find 9mm anywhere. I like the guy, but don't want to make myself short down the road if this foolishness lasts.
We're not there yet, but I see it coming. There's a fine line between generous and profligate.

"When it cuts into your core stock too much. " whatever that boundary is to you. You have to figure that out. I have two tiers, inner circle and everyone else. Inner circle pays close to what I paid for it, everyone else gets full Cosby market rate

For me, now it’s after the first time. I’ll share a couple of boxes. And then say “by the way if you want me to keep an eye out I’m pretty good at scrounging, just let me know how much you want to spend” I’ll even offer to go in on a case with them to get them started.

unless like @Radtekk they are one of my wife’s friends or a new shooter/convert, then sharing is caring.

Last edited:
So you shoot 357 and 40 because once every 4 or 5 years 9mm prices make 40 look cheap?

Versatility.

I could give a rats ass what 9 cost at any time. I buy 9 only when its low priced as target ammo

If I cant find 40 I can find 357. Im talking defensive rounds.

Plus it shoots in the same platform ive been shooting for 15 years. Why would I change? Ive got thousands of bullet heads bought years ago for 40

Im not anti 9 shoot what you want.

If I was Admin I would ban you 24 hours for each pic of that guy lol

I never knew there were any other pics of that Samsquanch other than the one of him on his bed in that seductive pose.
Thanks for the BAN! [rofl2]

Been M.I.A. for a couple of days. How's the ammo situation? Improving??? [rofl2]

I never knew there were any other pics of that Samsquanch other than the one of him on his bed in that seductive pose.
I think there is also one of him at work at the Post Office Sorting room and one of him playing Space Invaders and talking in near-perfect Klingon...

Think it's bad where you live? Check this out. Someone trying to skirt the FB selling rules by advertising Ziploc bags for sale. $0.80/rd for what could be reloads.

Attachments

• Ammo.jpg
    Ammo.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 38
I just tried some auctions for .223 and 5.56 nato - all ended at 65c-69c pr. No sign at all of going back to $0.45pr. It actually did stay at that level until last 20min of an auction, then crazies got it all up.

@miniion Thank you but I ordered 2k and got it last week. I'm all set for now. We shall see what the "stock" looks like after 2 weeks with our son home shooting! LOL

I have paid $39.99 for 150 rds of 9mm Winchester range pack, brass cased. Also picked up Monarch, 9 mm, bass, for $12.99. All the prices were, mostly, just as they were before February A.C.
They also had 200 packs of Monarch steel cased 9 mm for $39.95. Fotay' was $49/200 rds, steel cased. All prices did not include tax.
It felt awkward passing by the steel cased ammo and not getting any. The associate joked about that : " Grabbing anything on the shelves a week ago, but passing on it now, huh? Steel not good for you anymore? "

Back
Top Bottom