Curios: does anyone shoot G19 in USPSA Production Division?

Not that I know of. Are you thinking of using one you already have, or getting a new one?

Do people do it? Definitely
Can you win with it? Probably
Are there better options? Absolutely

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Not that I know of. Are you thinking of using one you already have, or getting a new one?

Bill, I currently do not have 9mm at all, I run my FrankenGlock in .45. I thought of getting one and particularly liked G19. I believe I saw someone running one at a local match and wanted to get a touch of experience.

If you're just starting, run it, it won't matter because newb mistakes are gonna be a bigger deal than the gun.

If you're just starting, run it, it won't matter because newb mistakes are gonna be a bigger deal than the gun.

Just thought of trying something different. Actually, when I started, I shot Production with my off the shelf G21. Once.

As has been said already you can shoot whatever you like in USPSA as long as it meets the requirements of the division. There are no requirements anywhere that you have to use the best suited pistol for the game or that you have to treat it super serious like and try to win every match. A lot of folks show up at our practices and matches at Hopkinton with baby glocks and the like and have fun shooting. BUT if you are going to go full on into the sport and/or you want to be competitive then you'll want something that makes it easier to compete....unless you're a Dave Sevigny/Max Michel type savant with a handgun in which case you'll kick ass with whatever

I'm pretty sure you need a CZ shadow/accu-shadow or a EAA Stock 2 to be allowed to play

The current craze is the SA/DA all steel guns above, but you don't need one of those unicorns to win, and you certainly don't need one to have fun. If you like Glock, find a G34. You can go all the way to the top with a G34, it will never hold you back.

The current craze is the SA/DA all steel guns above, but you don't need one of those unicorns to win, and you certainly don't need one to have fun. If you like Glock, find a G34. You can go all the way to the top with a G34, it will never hold you back.
Yea, this. Shoot what you want. I used a G34 for a while before going to Limited with a G35.. a while later, I got curious and picked up a Stock 3. Slightly better trigger, sure, but Sean (recently made M with an M&P) is right, you will not be held back with a Glock.

Once in a while, I trash talk a friend about shooting G19's for fun in a match, but our competitive nature always wins out and we end up not doing it.

Bill, I currently do not have 9mm at all, I run my FrankenGlock in .45. I thought of getting one and particularly liked G19. I believe I saw someone running one at a local match and wanted to get a touch of experience.

You'll do great with a G19. And you could always convert it to a sweet carry optics gun.

Shoot what you want. It's unlikely to make much of a difference if you shoot well with it.

Have fun, be safe, ignore the haters.

If you haven't already bought the gun and your intent is to use it for competition, the longer barreled 9mm Glocks, 17 and 34, will be a better choice. If you also intend to carry this pistol, the 19 might be a better choice.

G19 is pretty versatile. You can shoot USPSA Production and IDPA SSP/CCP with it plus use it for CCW.

Not sure why anybody would bother putting optics on it. I shoot a G34 in IDPA SSP and USPSA Prod and am building out a G35 MOS for USPSA Limited. Wasting money on optics for a G19 doesn't make sense to me since I see no market for "optics carry". (FYI a good RMR will cost you as much as the G19)

G19 is pretty versatile. You can shoot USPSA Production and IDPA SSP/CCP with it plus use it for CCW.

Not sure why anybody would bother putting optics on it. I shoot a G34 in IDPA SSP and USPSA Prod and am building out a G35 MOS for USPSA Limited. Wasting money on optics for a G19 doesn't make sense to me since I see no market for "optics carry". (FYI a good RMR will cost you as much as the G19)
If you follow USPSA more closely, you would know that the provisional division "carry optics" has been approved.
I think the G19 would be an awesome carry optics blaster.

If you haven't already bought the gun and your intent is to use it for competition, the longer barreled 9mm Glocks, 17 and 34, will be a better choice. If you also intend to carry this pistol, the 19 might be a better choice.

Thanks. I have not yet bought the gun, I liked the feel of the smaller G19 better than the G17, although you are right, G34 would be more competitive.

Last edited:
I shoot a G-17 in USPSA Production division. You are probably going to shoot/build skills for quite a while before you would even notice the extra length of a 34. It's all 10 rounds so any of them will work. Go for it.

Oh, and none of them are curios, or relics for that matter. [wink]

I shoot a G-17 in USPSA Production division. You are probably going to shoot/build skills for quite a while before you would even notice the extra length of a 34. It's all 10 rounds so any of them will work. Go for it.

I currently shoot L10 with FrankenGlock in .45.

Oh, and none of them are curios, or relics for that matter. [wink]

Oh, that was my Northern accent.

I find the 19/23 grip to be to small If you can do a good reload with out pinching your hand, then the 19 should work ok. Sight radius is less important then being able to get a proper grip on the gun

I find the 19/23 grip to be to small If you can do a good reload with out pinching your hand, then the 19 should work ok. Sight radius is less important then being able to get a proper grip on the gun

Mike, thanks. I do not recall the position of my hand on the grip and my hands are not exactly small. Will check it next time.

Mike, thanks. I do not recall the position of my hand on the grip and my hands are not exactly small. Will check it next time.

I have the same exact problem getting pinched constantly. I don't shoot USPSA yet, and don't know the rules, but if you can use G17 mags that would be a simple solution to the pinching. I get a decent grip on the 19, and can leverage it pretty flat. I also don't really concern myself with sight radius, but I'm probably not good enough for it to matter yet?

I have the same exact problem getting pinched constantly. I don't shoot USPSA yet, and don't know the rules, but if you can use G17 mags that would be a simple solution to the pinching. I get a decent grip on the 19, and can leverage it pretty flat. I also don't really concern myself with sight radius, but I'm probably not good enough for it to matter yet?
You can use G17 mags in a G19 in production division.
"21.7 Magazines Prior restrictions on magazines have been lifted.OFM and aftermarket magazines and base-pads maybe used. However, any and all magazines used incompetition, must fit into the USPSA box whileempty and inserted in the handgun as described initem 7 of this appendix. Grip tape and/or skate boardtape are specifically allowed on magazines and basepads."

Back
Top Bottom