• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cuomo says confiscation might be an option

And it's not that I want the Republican party to die - I want them to do what they are supposed to do - which is OPPOSE this stuff.

You'll wake up and that dream will be over...there's more money - more influence - more power, in measured oppression. Much like the NRA, it's political Stockholm Syndrome, pure and simple.

Great article - thanks for digging that up.

Nevertheless, even if opinions are different in other cities and states, it is clear to me that law enforcement in Southern states will NOT comply with gun confiscation directives issued by Obama. Obama simply does not have the moral authority — nor the law enforcement support — to pull off such an action. While his political supporters claim he has a “mandate” across America, that’s far from the truth. Obama is widely despised across states like Texas, Florida, Arizona and nearly all of rural America. He only enjoys support in the cities, and primarily in the inner cities.
The President and Congress also do not have the legal authority to compel local law enforcment to engage in any action:
Petitioners Jay Printz and Richard Mack, the Chief Law Enforcement Officers for Ravalli County, Montana, and Graham County, Arizona, represented by Stephen P. Halbrook and David Hardy respectively, filed separate actions challenging the constitutionality of the Brady Act's interim provisions. They objected to the use of congressional action to compel state officers to execute Federal law...The majority of five justices ruled that the interim provisions of the Brady Bill are unconstitutional. In his opinion, Justice Scalia states that, although there is no constitutional text precisely responding to the challenge, an answer can be found “in historical understanding and practice, the structure of the Constitution, and in the jurisprudence of this Court.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printz_v._United_States

Last edited:
The President and Congress also do not have the legal authority to compel local law enforcment to engage in any action:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printz_v._United_States

I wonder however, if that won't matter - especially considering the TSA/HSA's 'Community Partnership Program'... TSA/HSA has been cruising local communities for some time now...

I was shooting the bull with a local leo here and he just chuckled at the thought...I remember him saying something to the effect: "no way I'm following that order". I do believe he's not a minority...

I wonder however, if that won't matter - especially considering the TSA/HSA's 'Community Partnership Program'... TSA/HSA has been cruising local communities for some time now...
Why won't it matter? The Feds don't have the manpower to enforce confiscation upon the populous.

I think nationwide there are only about 150,000 federal law enforcement officers. While that may sound like a lot, one has to remember many of them have very specific missions and may be barred by law from enforcment outside of their subject matter. Additionally, many of them aren't trained for going door to door against armed citizens. When you narrow it down, the number of Federal LEO's qualified to perfrom such tasks is very slim--so much that the task would be insurmountable without local help.

Why won't it matter? The Feds don't have the manpower to enforce confiscation upon the populous.

I think nationwide there are only about 150,000 federal law enforcement officers. While that may sound like a lot, one has to remember many of them have very specific missions and may be barred by law from enforcment outside of their subject matter. Additionally, many of them aren't trained for going door to door against armed citizens. When you narrow it down, the number of Federal LEO's qualified to perfrom such tasks is very slim--so much that the task would be insurmountable without local help.

Local or military.

Sent from my mobile device.

In addition the "number problem" they'll have to get local LE participation. "Success" won't happen otherwise.

Think about it. How likely are you to actively resist your CLEO? You know, the CLEO that you graduated high school with? The same one that was your bowling league teammate in 2005?

So it will be directed by either State or Federal level but locals are going to have to be involved.

Think about this (Agruement only) All that money that was spent on the various police depts getting thier "Military Toys". So now the Feds will say that we already paid you in advance for your future services. We are here to collect.

Interesting point. Were these cash/equipment grants conditioned on future cooperation of some kind? I'd like to see the terms.

Interesting point. Were these cash/equipment grants conditioned on future cooperation of some kind? I'd like to see the terms.

Maybe not explicitly but it might go something like this...

"Well, I'm glad you like your new $300,000 APC for your village of 1,000. Too bad that we're getting a new appropriation and it doesn't look like your town made the final cut..."

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it was addressed explicitly, deep inside one of the granting agreements. It would be buried in some obscure section of the CFR and incorporated by reference.

Really, The Criminal Demo-Commie Party will pack the polls and rig the machines, Just like what was done this year. Yes, I have No use for Liberals, Democrats or Communists as they may be called, as they are one and the same.

For any of you that say we have some good Demmies, No you don't, they have joined a party to advance Thier person well being at the expense of others. If they had any balls or convictions they would publicly split from the party, but they won't. They kneel and yeild to the powers of thier house or senate leader in hopes of being appointed to a committee or party leadership position so that they make more money.

Don't always agree with you , but I do on this one .

I don't expect there will be confiscations either Those charges with going door to door would fall into two categories: Those unwilling to follow those orders, and those willing to execute American citizens. Then of course there's the possibility of Civil War or at least insurrections.

Stay armed and if they show up at your door they have two choice: Leave peacefully or engage an American citizen in a gunfight. Do they want your execution on their consciences?

Dont forget the UN Small arms treaty. If the US Signed on to that, the enforcing authority for confiscating guns is UN Troops... Foreign Troops on US soil trying to conficate guns... Oh Yeah, That will go over well. They tried that once before and the Brits couldnt run fast enough to get back to their boats!!!!

I think you are all missing something here. The federal government has and will continue to assassinate American citizens. Ruby ridge, Waco, Jose, plus all the other no knock warrants. Were any federal agents ever charged? The federal agents already look at us as the enemy. All it will take is a few to resist and kill a few agents and then it will be all out war on us. At this point the military will be involved and every agent will be brainwashed into thinking they are in the right. It will build up steam like a snowball going downhill and by that time they will be using every resource given to them including tanks,drones, and armed helicopters. I think a lot of people underestimate the federal governments resolve to wage war on citizens.

If they want War, it works both ways. Our enemy looks like us and speaks the same as we do. To use military terms, some of us should be able to infiltrate the ememies formations and create bloody havoc for them. It should not be too hard to shut down the entire infrastucture while we are at it. The nature of war is that it is unpredictable.
Our current "leaders" have no idea what war is. I pray that we will not have to teach them.

Even a liberal I heard on NPR balked at confiscation. He said something like, "Imagine you're a county sheriff in Texas going out to all those isolated ranches trying to tell people to give up their guns and magazines. It's just not going to happen."

If lets say they do resort to confiscation would they not be required to pay you a fair market value for the gun too. If so my gun happens to be a 1 of 1 and the value is at least 10k. (buys a mill and a pallet of 80% lowers).

If lets say they do resort to confiscation would they not be required to pay you a fair market value for the gun too. If so my gun happens to be a 1 of 1 and the value is at least 10k. (buys a mill and a pallet of 80% lowers).

If you'd turn it in for fair market value, I think you need to start posting in a different forum. Try the Democratic Underground.

No, it would require me to move.

First, they will implement registration, and more strict limitations, and elimination of private sales. Then they will confiscate all of those "illegal" guns. That's how they will do it. You will see lots of media coverage about "white separatists, militia types, and crazy gunmen" when they seize all of those "caches" of weapons from their "compounds". Anyone who resists will be demonized.

First, they will implement registration, and more strict limitations, and elimination of private sales. Then they will confiscate all of those "illegal" guns. That's how they will do it. You will see lots of media coverage about "white separatists, militia types, and crazy gunmen" when they seize all of those "caches" of weapons from their "compounds". Anyone who resists will be demonized.

Waco and Ruby Ridge except on a much larger scale...

Back
Top Bottom