Culture Is Impossible To Define

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Germany keeps struggling with it's own identity:

But opposition parties in the state legislature, like the Social Democrats (SPD) and the Greens, opposed the law, particularly over a contentious clause that requires migrants to respect the "Leitkultur," which roughly translates to "leading" or "guiding culture."

Opponents argued that the law did not clearly define the term and what it meant in practice. They also said the idea of a guiding culture breeds intolerance, given that it demands people abandon their traditions at the behest of the majority.

Furthermore, critics stressed that a German guiding culture is impossible to define given that culture is inherently flexible and constantly changing. They said existing laws sufficiently define what kind of behavior is acceptable in German society.

Opposition was also directed at a provision requiring all children in daycare centers to "learn central elements of Christian Western culture."
But proponents of the concept say a clearly defined common culture could prevent the formation of what they consider parallel societies, or isolated minority groups.

MisterHappy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
Germany has a tough time, with telling people to follow a certain set of rules, defined by the state.

Any large country would have a tough time - I have no idea how it could be done here.

The Swiss kind of do it - immigrants have to pass a test on "Swissness," including reports from one's neighbors, as well as proficiency in one of the four official languages. But, they're a small, and essentially isolated, country, in many ways.

Even when we were a tiny enclave, Boston was hanging heretics 30 years after its founding.

Hell, in this country we can't even agree if Orange Man is Good, or Bad.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
since Germany was the KING of racism during WWII....i am not at all sorry that their culture is now totally falling apart with politically correct bullcrap. Cry me a river.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
since Germany was the KING of racism during WWII....i am not at all sorry that their culture is now totally falling apart with politically correct bullcrap. Cry me a river.
Ummm, so what exactly is racism anyway?

I don't remember the Germans having any issues when the Africa Korp was fighting in Africa .

Define what a "race" is .

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I don't remember the Germans having any issues when the Africa Korp was fighting in Africa .

i mean taking jews and gypsies and trying to exterminate them deliberately. Can't get more racist than that!

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So what exactly is racist about exterminating Jews and Gypsies?
not sure if serious.
If as a country you just killed everyone you saw in front of you, you are guilty of war crimes. If selectively, you only go out of your way to kill one race of person, then you are guilty of war crimes AND racism.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BTW, what is with the title "culture is impossible to define". Obviously have never taken anthropology 101. There are a shit ton of cultural dynamics books out there. They clearly define what "culture" means, and how a culture changes over time and external forces.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
not sure if serious.
If as a country you just killed everyone you saw in front of you, you are guilty of war crimes. If selectively, you only go out of your way to kill one race of person, then you are guilty of war crimes AND racism.
Do you have any clue of what you're talking about ?

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
not sure if serious.
It appears I'm going to have lead you around by the nose.

So gypsies are a race?

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
not sure if serious.
Oh, and by the definition of war crimes you posted the US, Britain, and the Soviet Union were all guilty of war crimes as well.

fshalor

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0

Not the major counter @carlsdad. What is most important for this conversation right now is that we should have no illusions about whether the things going on there are coming to us. They are.

I see some of this in the attacks on the boy scouts.

The core is there too in the gender awareness train. Which in it self is pretty much just to soften us up for more multiculturalism once we are used to being told what to think.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
It appears I'm going to have lead you around by the nose.

So gypsies are a race?
Why Hello. Dench here.

Ever play 4D chess so hard that you accidentally create a black hole and get sucked into it? No? Figured. Anyway, USS Calsdad P. Failboat has officially run aground. Not only that but it appears the old steamer has been on fire for several hours prior, with it's captain, calsdad, at the helm wearing a bikini assless underwear who's apparently been blacked out drunk posting about words he doesnt seem to know what the meaning is.

Neverfear, becuase Dench is here.

"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society."

The Roma, aka Gypsies are definatly without a doubt a race. So are the Jews.

The more you know, Gypsie boi.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why Hello. Dench here.

"A race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society."

they are a nomadic race. Just because they do not come from one specific region....

Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
Why Hello. Dench here.

Ever play 4D chess so hard that you accidentally create a black hole and get sucked into it? No? Figured. Anyway, USS Calsdad P. Failboat has officially run aground. Not only that but it appears the old steamer has been on fire for several hours prior, with it's captain, calsdad, at the helm wearing a bikini assless underwear who's apparently been blacked out drunk posting about words he doesnt seem to know what the meaning is.

Neverfear, becuase Dench is here.

Gypsies were members of an inferior caste in India, which mass migrated in search of a better life centuries ago.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
they are a nomadic race. Just because they do not come from one specific region....
...I said they were a race

Gypsies were members of an inferior caste in India, which mass migrated in search of a better life centuries ago.
DNA shows they are probably from India. Other than that it's speculation. Their history is not well known or understood.

grey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its "impossible to define" if the person or group attempting to define it wishes to destroy it. Defining a culture only gives it legitimacy which is the opposite of present goals

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all know what a German is. It's not a Turk, Somali or Afghan. Germans are a distinct group of people with ties to their territory going back hundreds,
if not thousands of years. I took German in college and was slightly disappointed when my tutor was an ethnic Turk who grew up in Germany. She was nice though.

Top Bottom