CT Woman Sentenced For Gun Trafficking

Tartakovsky

NES Member
Judge Meyer ordered Wiggins to serve three years of supervised release and pay a $3,000 fine.

For not paying the king and selling 7 firearms.

Ooops Allen beat me by seconds.

Question - is there a limit on how many of your firearms you can sell via an FFL? For example - you decide you want to consolidate calibers and unload a bunch of your stupid purchases of .40 pistols and bring them to an FFL to sell for you (AT A LOSS mind you). Is that "firearms trafficking"?? She sold 7 firearms over the course of 3+ years. Thats like 2 ish sales a year. REALLY? That doesn't sound like "she was in the business of" illegally selling firearms without a FFL license. If so, thats a shitty business model. Did she sell them as straw purchases to prohibited persons, because the article doesn't say that.

Last edited:
Betting the online site was armslist and led to ftf sales?
So a felony for selling 3 more guns ftf than the four allowed/year?
Something else going on there? That's bonkers 😳

Question - is there a limit on how many of your firearms you can sell via an FFL? For example - you decide you want to consolidate calibers and unload a bunch of your stupid purchases of .40 pistols and bring them to an FFL to sell for you (AT A LOSS mind you). Is that "firearms trafficking"?? She sold 7 firearms over the course of 3+ years. Thats like 2 ish sales a year. REALLY? That doesn't sound like "she was in the business of" illegally selling firearms without a FFL license. If so, thats a shitty business model. Did she sell them as straw purchases to prohibited persons, because the article doesn't say that.

More information/background here:

More information/background here:

Funny how the ATF can lose 1800 firearms to the f***ing cartel and no one loses their jobs, but a woman sells 7 firearms over the course of three years and now she's serving felony supervised probation for the next three years. She committed the awful crime of "gasp", purchasing TWO FIREARMS AT A TIME. THE AUDACITY! THE INDECENCY!

Still - I see ZERO crime on her part. This is straight up BS, and her lawyer is garbage. To anyone saying "there's probably more to it". Get real. Don't be naive. They'll jam you up if they can, regardless of the presence of a crime committed. They love to throw charges at the wall and see what sticks. They're the f***ing criminals.

Last edited:
Funny how the ATF can lose 1800 firearms to the f***ing cartel and no one loses their jobs, but a woman sells 7 firearms over the course of three years and now she's serving felony supervised probation for the next three years.

In my reading between the lines here, I am going to guess she got a "deal" where other charges were dropped for more serious things if she sucked for "acting as an unlicensed dealer".

For a federal prosecution at all this is bizarrely soft, I suspect "there are things we are not being told here".

There's also the possibility she's a rat and sent others down the river. In exchange for ratting, they gave her a no-prison deal vs the prosepect of maybe doing 5-10 yrs or more for some other charges that would have applied.

Funny how the ATF can lose 1800 firearms to the f***ing cartel and no one loses their jobs, but a woman sells 7 firearms over the course of three years and now she's serving felony supervised probation for the next three years.

It looks like at least a couple of the firearms she sold were used in crimes fairly quickly, I think there are even more details not provided that could shed a light. Plus it looks like she was living in North Carolina, buying the firearms there, and then bringing them to Connecticut to sell??? I get the impression she was buying them and then going to Connecticut and selling them to people who may have been prohibited persons??? I didn't see what types of firearms were involved.

They probably asked her “were the guns you bought for yourself or did you buy with the intent to resell them”. She probably said she bought with the intent to resell and that means she lied on the form. They’ve gotten a number of people that way, it’s a BS charge and an easy conviction when the talk to the ATF and unwittingly admit to a straw buy

In my reading between the lines here, I am going to guess she got a "deal" where other charges were dropped for more serious things if she sucked for "acting as an unlicensed dealer".

For a federal prosecution at all this is bizarrely soft, I suspect "there are things we are not being told here".

There's also the possibility she's a rat and sent others down the river. In exchange for ratting, they gave her a no-prison deal vs the prosepect of maybe doing 5-10 yrs or more for some other charges that would have applied.

The side hustle idea to resell guns is a straw buy. She admitted to it so it was an easy case to pursue. As you know, even if the transactions are through an FFL and you check the box on the purchase that the gun was for you, but it was for a resale, that’s a straw buy under abramski. Even if the resale is through an FFL too, SCOTUS decided it’s a straw buy. I’m sure she’s completely clueless about guns and her ex was the brains of the idea in addition to cooperating. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ex is indicted

If I was going to bet anything I would bet there is way more to this woman's backstory than we're being told.

As I said in my post, it appears she was buying the guns (I am assuming handguns) in North Carolina and then bringing them to CT to sell without much time in between. At least two were used in crimes not that long after she bought them.

She has zero criminal history in CT. There is a lot to this story which is not making it's way into the headlines, except for the anti-gun talking points.

She sold seven firearms over the course of 3+ years. WOW /s
508a4ca8fa850d42c968de141692f65f.jpg

The side hustle idea to resell guns is a straw buy. She admitted to it so it was an easy case to pursue. As you know, even if the transactions are through an FFL and you check the box on the purchase that the gun was for you, but it was for a resale, that’s a straw buy under abramski. Even if the resale is through an FFL too, SCOTUS decided it’s a straw buy. I’m sure she’s completely clueless about guns and her ex was the brains of the idea in addition to cooperating. I wouldn’t be surprised if the ex is indicted
Step 1: Buy guns.
Step 2: Shoot them at ranges captured by video surveilance.
Step 3: A witness hears "this gun sucks, I'm selling it"
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3.
Edit: I've never really made it to step 3. My safe looks like a metalized gun burrito.

As I said in my post, it appears she was buying the guns (I am assuming handguns) in North Carolina and then bringing them to CT to sell without much time in between. At least two were used in crimes not that long after she bought them.

And she told the feds she and her husband were buying them to resell as a side hustle. So she admitted to stray buys and if she’s selling guns for profit, she is in the business of selling guns.

She didn’t buy many guns over the time period. If she didn’t talk, they’d have nothing. Or if she said she made purchase but them sold because she needed rent money or didn’t want that guy any longer, she wouldn’t be walking into the straw buy and gun sales charges. Typical person, she probably thought she would talk to the feds and appreciate the honesty and she’d be all set.

And she told the feds she and her husband were buying them to resell as a side hustle. So she admitted to stray buys and if she’s selling guns for profit, she is in the business of selling guns.

She didn’t buy many guns over the time period. If she didn’t talk, they’d have nothing. Or if she said she made purchase but them sold because she needed rent money or didn’t want that guy any longer, she wouldn’t be walking into the straw buy and gun sales charges. Typical person, she probably thought she would talk to the feds and appreciate the honesty and she’d be all set.

Shut up and get a (good) lawyer, always good advice.

Step 1: Buy guns.
Step 2: Shoot them at ranges captured by video surveilance.
Step 3: A witness hears "this gun sucks, I'm selling it"
Step 4: Repeat steps 1-3.
Edit: I've never really made it to step 3. My safe looks like a metalized gun burrito.
“Metalized”? You mean MetallicA?

Betting the online site was armslist and led to ftf sales?
So a felony for selling 3 more guns ftf than the four allowed/year?
Something else going on there? That's bonkers 😳
This 4 thing is not a law….maybe in massganifstan, but not a federal law, which is what applies here.

Why would she say something so stupid? Hey lady, shut your mouth. Too many people think that “cooperating with law enforcement” is singing like a canary. 5th amendment exists for a reason. Her lawyer sucks.

If I sell a couple cars over a few years and happen to profit, that doesn’t make me Herb f***ing Chambers.

Shut up and get a (good) lawyer, always good advice.

A lot of the straw buyer busts, the people seem to have no idea it’s a crime. Often they’re the gf of a dirtbag and not into guns at all. If all they did was shut up, the feds wouldn’t have any. The only thing the feds have in so. May cases are the defendants statements

Why would she say something so stupid? Hey lady, shut your mouth. Too many people think that “cooperating with law enforcement” is singing like a canary. 5th amendment exists for a reason. Her lawyer sucks.

If I sell a couple cars over a few years and happen to profit, that doesn’t make me Herb f***ing Chambers.

I doubt she had a lawyer when she talked.

With the abramski ruling, if you see a great deal on a gun, buy that single gun with the intent to sell it for a profit, you’re lying on form 4473. As long as wheat you buy is not being sold to a PP, it shouldn’t be a crime.

yeah, I get that she probably ran her mouth, but this is a bizarre indictment to me, with a soft landing punishment. (like how many fed gun crime convictions do you see with supervised probation? Even Olofoson got 2 yrs for having a giggle switch) There's something bigger here we're not being told about (or will likely drop in some other indictment).

yeah, I get that she probably ran her mouth, but this is a bizarre indictment to me, with a soft landing punishment. (like how many fed gun crime convictions do you see with supervised probation? Even Olofoson got 2 yrs for having a giggle switch) There's something bigger here we're not being told about (or will likely drop in some other indictment).

If I were her ex, I wouldn’t make any long term plans 🤣. I definitely think she’s cooperating, probably against the ex and the two people she sold to where the gun was used in a crime. Also she may be helping them trace the other guns if they haven’t done that yet. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if she not all there mentally in addition to the domestic abuse

Back
Top Bottom