• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT to MA Transfer

What are the laws regarding the purchase of a handgun in CT if I am a MA resident. I have utilized the search feature but I haven't found any concrete answers. I would like to purchase an M&P Sheild from CT and want some clarity on this issue.

Thank you in advance,
EVS

It would have to be transferred to a FFL in MA where you could pick it up. Thus presenting the issue of is it a MA approved Shield or not, because a MA FFL could only transfer the one that is MA approved on the EOPS list

It would have to be transferred to a FFL in MA where you could pick it up. Thus presenting the issue of is it a MA approved Shield or not, because a MA FFL could only transfer the one that is MA approved on the EOPS list

You need to know better FFLs if this is an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You need to know better FFLs if this is an issue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am aware, I was speaking in a technical sense for the OP.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a MA compliant Shield due to the trigger

Then technically no FFL will transfer it in for you...but there are FFL's what disregard the rules (at their own risk and none to you) and will transfer it for you. If you were to find an FFL that does that...do not post their name here.

Back
Top Bottom