• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ct state police: no door to door confiscation

Q. If I am a felon will the police come to my house and arrest me?

A. No. But if we catch you outside the home you will be charged with a felony and jailed and tried.

Bogus bullshit.

[rolleyes] Oh Boy...

What can someone do if they are in possession of a banned assault weapon that they have not registered and/or a high capacity magazine that they have not declared?

· Sell the assault weapon(s) and/or large capacity magazine(s) to a federally licensed firearms dealer(CGS section 53-202d, ;

· Remove the assault weapon(s) and/or large capacity magazine(s) from the state (CGS section ;

· Arrange to relinquish your assault weapon(s) and/or large capacity magazine(s) to a police department or state police troop having jurisdiction where you reside; (CGS sections 53-202e ), or

· Render the assault weapon(s) and/or large capacity magazine(s) permanently inoperable( CGS section 53-202d).

Will law enforcement be going door to door to confiscate unregistered assault weapons or undeclared magazines?

· No, but just like any other item that is unlawful (i.e. contraband) to possess, if an individual is found to be in possession of an unregistered assault weapon or undeclared magazine, they are subject to arrest and prosecution.

If I sent my paperwork in on time but have not received my assault weapon certificate or my magazine declaration acknowledgement, when can I expect to receive it?

· We are working as quickly as possible to input all of the data into our system.

May I use my assault weapon before it’s been acknowledged?

· Yes.

"We won't come looking for you but if we find you by accident we will bend you over and **** you!"

Hey at least they were honest :)

Never mind, found my question answered on the web page.

Web page looks mature - not a recent update was it? Maybe, this was done prior to the mass non-compliance; and they aren't quite sure what to do now.

Last edited:
Not for all persons, cops haven't registered and the state will still pay them for arresting people who have committed the same crime

Let me get this straight.

The state of Connecticut, which had just created what is likely more unprosecuted felons than any other state in the US, has just said that they will not make any attempt to actually capture or prosecute them. They will simply allow all of these criminals to move about the state with no restrictions, as if they were law abiding citizens.

Sounds like a great advertising campaign for tourists. More unprosecuted felons than any other state! Come see for yourself!

Que the 300 scene when the Leonidas is tucked under the shield as the arrows fall. The 300 won the first engagement (can you say registration) and now the Persians are hoping that a cowardly act would save them (can you say govt).

Give it a month, the govt will realize that whatever plan they have isn't working and go on to phase 2.

It isn't a direct comparison as the govt is actually outnumbered and they know it.

Let me get this straight.

The state of Connecticut, which had just created what is likely more unprosecuted felons than any other state in the US, has just said that they will not make any attempt to actually capture or prosecute them. They will simply allow all of these criminals to move about the state with no restrictions, as if they were law abiding citizens.

Sounds like a great advertising campaign for tourists. More unprosecuted felons than any other state! Come see for yourself!
just like Mass giving illegals licenses.

I (or my tourist Dollars) have no future plans of visiting Connecticut.

So wait, since the CT government posted online that they weren't going to do door to door confiscations then we should believe them? Shouldn't we all know better by now?

So how does someone get "found" with contraband other than guns? By the government gaining knowledge about it and then acting on it.

So of they have knowledge of a crime in progress they can (should?) act on it.

The have knowledge of hundreds of illegal gun owners and magazine owners.

They are choosing not to "find" the scofflaws.

It'd be awesome if people just started calling in complaints about random people who might have these extra killy illegal guns and magazines. If the police get complaints, aren't they required to investigate?

It'd be awesome if people just started calling in complaints about random people who might have these extra killy illegal guns and magazines. If the police get complaints, aren't they required to investigate?

No do it to known pro citizen disarmament advocates or call in tips on the politicians that voted for the law.

I'm just leaving the definition of random up to the reader. Based on where I posted, one might assume how people would interpret random, but I'd never recommend a false report!

[rolleyes]Will law enforcement be going door to door to confiscate unregistered assault weapons or undeclared magazines?
No, but just like any other item that is unlawful (i.e. contraband) to possess, if an individual is found to be in possession of an unregistered assault weapon or undeclared magazine, they are subject to arrest and prosecution.

This is code for: "We have the law on the books. We'll wait until some other event radicalizes the antis like Newtown did, then we'll be able to go door-to-door to disarm dangerous domestic terrorists with the support of the public".

NO FALSE REPORTS. That's just stupid and will be eaten up by our opponents. We are LAW ABIDING CITIZENS* and we should act that way unless it's in protest. Making false police reports wouldn't fit in that category for me.

*Other than being felons in possession of super killy EBRs and murderous 30 caliber clips with shoulder things that go up.

By making the statement that they will arrest and prosecute they've rendered those firearms inoperable. People won't use them for home defense because if they do they will be arrested after the incident. They will not take them to the gun club to shoot because the police will troll the clubs looking for AR style rifles to verify they complied with the certification. If they didn't then they will be arrested. The gov't and police will just wait for someone to get careless and pluck them off the street one at a time.

Back
Top Bottom