• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT: Smoke pot, lose guns, period. Here's the officlal letter. Can MA be far behind?

So, it's now official. Regardless of what the local laws say you can do, the CSP are going to remove your firearms from you if you are caught with pot, period.

Here's the letter that this unfortunate weed-eater recently received:

Screenshot-2017-02-09-09-48-18-153091.JPG

From what I've read, however, the defendant decided to cut the rifle in half (It was an AR) rather than transfer it out.

The argument about states rights and federal regulation regarding controlled substances is far from over. Just thought you'd like to be kept in the loop. And, no, CT does not have a pot law right now. The legislature is most certainly looking at it closely but our Gov hasn't put his finger up in the air yet to see which way the wind is blowing.

Rome

You can read this information over at AR15.com, hometown, CT.

Last edited:
What about alcohol or what if someone drinks and gets drunk? (without being in possession of a firearm). **** off .gov

Good thing alcohol is not a drug, good thing nothing bad ever happens to people who drink to much. How about if you get drunk, you have to get rid of your car.

Poor AR was cut in half [sad2]

Last edited:
We're going to assert our state's rights and legalize pot.

We're going to bend over to federal law and take your guns away over pot.

Motherf*ckers, are you or are you not following federal law over state's rights? Make a damn decision.

Love how they like to pick and choose which federal law they will enforce or comply with.

As for MA I'm pretty sure this is going to happen at some point. I have a friend who the issuing officer flat out told him. (His words and he has no reason to lie) Sir you have a medical card and a grow/caregiver permit. I will save you the hassle of denial. Would not even consider his application
So he's been denied even getting a permit.

Rather than smiply just cutting it in half he should have made a bong out of it....kinda like they are always doing with guncontrol art.

SO you can take all the pills(which are heroine) with a doctors permision but cant smoke as much weed as you want with doctors permision.

I think legalized pot is a terrible idea but it is ironic that the states ignore only the federal laws that don't suit them.

Motherf*ckers, are you or are you not following federal law over state's rights? Make a damn decision.

The left LOVES to pick and choose rights to support and even make up new rights out of thin air. This is their MO. See Santuary Cities for further proof of their blatant hypocrisy

- - - Updated - - -

^ #liberallogic

These people are not liberals they are statist Neo-Communists.

What was he convicted of?

Gun owner.

I can't see Ma not doing this in the very near future. I look every day at moving out, being self employed and this is where my business is located its a hard jump to make.
But laws like this make me not even care, I would gladly be the Wal-Mart greater and be broke than keep living under this type of rule.

Jason.

Love how they like to pick and choose which federal law they will enforce or comply with.

As for MA I'm pretty sure this is going to happen at some point. I have a friend who the issuing officer flat out told him. (His words and he has no reason to lie) Sir you have a medical card and a grow/caregiver permit. I will save you the hassle of denial. Would not even consider his application

In some ways, the LO was helping your friend. Even though your friend does indeed qualify for a LTC, federal law prohibits your friend from possessing ANY firearms. Based on some recent circuit court rulings elsewhere in the country, the federal government considers anyone is possession of a medical marajuana card a positive user and as such, a federal PP. If your friend did get a LTC and then purchase a firearm, they would be setting themselves up for potential federal charges should something go wrong.

This is the same route they will take with Veterans eventually IMO, anything to deny firearms to anybody. You have a VA card? On medication? Denied.
Please see form 3 for where to turn in your firearms, and thank you for your service. Next!

Last edited:

This is a perfect vehicle for states to remove your firearms easily. I bet Mass is already planning for this. Give a guy a ticket for smoking pot and then come for his firearms. Ill stick with Stogies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez I hate this state. For the record I don't smoke anything, pot or tobacco but the idea of someone firing up a fatty doesn't bother me. This "Constitution" State should be renamed the gun grabber State.

Do you have link with more information?

The letter references a conviction and makes no mention of pot, so there is clearly more to the story. Even if it was for pot, it wasn't for legal possession, it was a conviction. So this should be no surprise to anyone.

BTW I'm all for legalizing marijuana, it's no worse than booz, but until that happens you play at your own risk.

In some ways, the LO was helping your friend. Even though your friend does indeed qualify for a LTC, federal law prohibits your friend from possessing ANY firearms. Based on some recent circuit court rulings elsewhere in the country, the federal government considers anyone is possession of a medical marajuana card a positive user and as such, a federal PP. If your friend did get a LTC and then purchase a firearm, they would be setting themselves up for potential federal charges should something go wrong.

This is the same route they will take with Veterans eventually IMO, anything to deny firearms to anybody. You have a VA card? On medication? Denied.
Please see form 3 for where to turn in your firearms, and thank you for your service. Next!

I keep saying it, get rid of suitability and this BS goes away with it, as do all the extra requirements individual departments tack on. But nobody listens to me.

The letter specifically refers to 18 USC 922 (g) and (n).

(g) is the list of prohibited persons; (n) refers to those under indictment for a crime that would make them prohibited.

(g) includes anyone addicted to a controlled substance, not just not using illegal substances. Any chronic pain pain patient hooked on opioids is a prohibited person, even if every pill they ever popped was legally prescribed and procured. A big chunk of them are veterans under VA care.

Guess what, Connecticut? NH DGAF about federal law. It won't keep you out of trouble with the feds, but NH leaves it up to the feds to enforce their own laws. Unless the addressee in this letter committed a felony in NH, or a felony in another state that would have been a felony in NH at the time, he's not prohibited by NH law.

And the feds can GFThemselves.

I keep saying it, get rid of suitability and this BS goes away with it, as do all the extra requirements individual departments tack on. But nobody listens to me.

Not sure if serious. There are shall issue states (without "suitability") that have shit on people with Medical MJ cards and licenses. The only real
way to get rid of the problem from that end is permit-less/constitutional carry/possession.

-Mike

Not sure if serious. There are shall issue states (without "suitability") that have shit on people with Medical MJ cards and licenses. The only real
way to get rid of the problem from that end is permit-less/constitutional carry/possession.

-Mike
The reply to which I replied was about a MA situation. So my comment was only about MA. Yes, a little topic drift.

On a national level, a specific preemption clause would solve the problem of differing requirements. It would not address reciprocity directly but states would have little reason to object given that all states had to apply the standards. They could tell the truth and say it was about money, but that rarely plays well in the press.

The marajuana issue needs to be addressed at the fed level.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This is a perfect vehicle for states to remove your firearms easily. I bet Mass is already planning for this. Give a guy a ticket for smoking pot and then come for his firearms.

Now that Mass legalized weed for recreational use, there are no more tickets being issued.
But there's nothing stopping them from checking back too see if you've ever been issued one of those tickets in the past, and using it as a reason for denial of an FID/LTC.

Now that Mass legalized weed for recreational use, there are no more tickets being issued.
But there's nothing stopping them from checking back too see if you've ever been issued one of those tickets in the past, and using it as a reason for denial of an FID/LTC.
Plus, the decriminalization law (when it was in effect) specifically prohibited any state entity or agent from using a MJ civil citation as the basis for denial of any license or state benefit.

Tell him to drop the MJ card then

Ever notice that democrats in Congress never speak in favor of ending prohibition even when their states do?
Back do gun control. Anyone who uses pot 'legally' under state law becomes a prohibited person under federal law.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Here's what I'd like to do. Get as many people together and wait outside the bars, restaurants or where ever that alcohol drinking politician is having there liquid lunch and wait for them to exit the establishment and do a citizens arrest for being under the influence of alcohol once they start driving there cars. Now turn in that license and start walking bitches.

Back
Top Bottom