• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Shouldn't Be Surprised That "Fewer People Than Expected Have Registered Guns

Today, however, we have zero/nada cohesiveness and therefore we are all just a bunch of lemmings protecting what we have as best we can but not locking shoulders and making any type of stand.

I think the issue, as has been discussed before, is that most gun owners are just Americans going about their business. They may share some version of what they believe and are willing to do with respect to defending their rights, but who is the enemy, and how do you fight them?

To the gun control crowd, there is a wonderful straw man that is easy to attack, and all you need to get funding is have three other stay at home Moms with a web site contact Mike Bloomberg.

Like most of you, most of my days are spent putting food on the table, and while I get as involved as I can, and support my gun rights organizations, it is not clear how to attack this issue short of firing most of our elected officials.

IMHO, the stand you refer to would require mass non-compliance, and yes, many(I mean thousands) people getting arrested and charged so that 2AF or another group could litigate the legality of these bans. However I realize that most people are unwilling to do that, and I don't blame them. Basically, things have to get so bad that people, en masse, feel that the status quo is unacceptable and there is no option but to fight.

That's because if you don't care to stay on top of all the legal changes going on, there's no way we would know. I'm not saying that ignorance of the law is fine, but how would we be expected to find out? You would think that the state would send out some sort of explanation via mailing.

I don't blame people for being ignorant of the law - to an extent. The bans passed in CT and other places were all form over substance liberal PR bull****. I don't see any of the media outlets that supported such bans publishing in-depth articles about what law-abiding citizens need to do to comply, because nobody cares about the details. They got their cheap win,mthey can campaign on it, and who cares about the fallout that happens later.

Our biggest enemy is "incrementalism". The bad guys realized that hitting us with a 2 x 4 with a nail in it would be too good a target in the courts and would rally a lot of us together should they want confiscation. Confiscation was an active topic during the deliberations when these new bills were being fleshed out. It was dropped, however, just because of those two points: too easy to beat and it would become a rally cry for 2A supporters. So, they passed what is essentially death by 1000 cuts legislation. And so it goes. Let me be clear to everyone; I'm not suggesting that no one register. You follow the law in order to keep what you own. I'm simply saying don't make it easy. In the prison camps the prisoners always complied with the rules of the camp all the while looking for ways to escape or circumvent the rules. We essentially live in a prison camp of sorts and are allowed to have what we currently own but eventually that will change.

Rome

Cabinetman,

Your point was driven home this fall. I know 2 FUDDS who went to buy ammo for their bolt deer guns in preparation for rifle/shotgun season, only to discover that they couldn't legally purchase ammo anymore.

F them. These were the guys who said "I really don't see why you need more than 10 rounds".

One asked me to buy ammo for him. I suggested he do what the rest of the FUDDs are doing and just drive to RI to go buy his 20 rounds of 30-06.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Now the FUDDs are on board. Finally.

My father has always been in favor of "reasonabl" gun control. After PA 13-3 passed, he told me that he has finally come around. He'd have no problem with universal background checks or mag limitations, if that was THE END. But its not. He finally gets that the ultimate goal is prohibition and confiscation.

Don

p.s. My father came up with an ingenious way to get cops to complete your LTC/Pistol Permit application on time. If the issuing authority has not returned a license within the time prescribed in the law or statute, then the applicant should be able to use his dated application as a carry license. This might actually pass in places like NH.

p.s. My father came up with an ingenious way to get cops to complete your LTC/Pistol Permit application on time. If the issuing authority has not returned a license within the time prescribed in the law or statute, then the applicant should be able to use his dated application as a carry license. This might actually pass in places like NH.

NH doesn't need that because if they drag their feet you can take them to court, and the CoP has to pay your legal fees if you win!

Cabinetman,

Your point was driven home this fall. I know 2 FUDDS who went to buy ammo for their bolt deer guns in preparation for rifle/shotgun season, only to discover that they couldn't legally purchase ammo anymore.

F them. These were the guys who said "I really don't see why you need more than 10 rounds".

One asked me to buy ammo for him. I suggested he do what the rest of the FUDDs are doing and just drive to RI to go buy his 20 rounds of 30-06.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Now the FUDDs are on board. Finally.

My father has always been in favor of "reasonabl" gun control. After PA 13-3 passed, he told me that he has finally come around. He'd have no problem with universal background checks or mag limitations, if that was THE END. But its not. He finally gets that the ultimate goal is prohibition and confiscation.

Don

i have a bunch of "friends" who didn't know why i "needed an a r15" or "assault clips" when their "30-06 works great for deer". these tools are your average duck dynasty types. last week one of them called me asking me to go buy him some goose loads at awl mart, bitching about obama and the new law. i asked him where he was last year when i was testifying a the legislative office building and protesting in hartford, then told him to FOAD lol

i have a bunch of "friends" who didn't know why i "needed an a r15" or "assault clips" when their "30-06 works great for deer". these tools are your average duck dynasty types. last week one of them called me asking me to go buy him some goose loads at awl mart, bitching about obama and the new law. i asked him where he was last year when i was testifying a the legislative office building and protesting in hartford, then told him to FOAD lol

Sort of like when people ask me why, since I live in MA, I have a massive 'zombie catcher' on the front of my (zombie apocalyspe) truck. I lean in real close and whisper, "you know it isn't really for zombies, right?"

Why would anyone live there, pay taxes, and feed the oppressors?
i live here, work here, pay as little taxes as possible by buying out of state, used and online. one day i will pop the canopy and flip them all the bird, watch the state file bankruptcy like detroit.

This can't be true. I was pulled over a few weeks ago and there were no brown stains on the troopers pants.

Although... He WAS the most POLITE trooper is met in a long while...

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.
yea he saw your lists goes onto three pages, and became real polite.

Back
Top Bottom