• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Shouldn't Be Surprised That "Fewer People Than Expected Have Registered Guns

Does CT officially know who has what anyway? Did they record sales or transactions?

I'm sure someone will come along with better info but I believe if you purchased the gun in CT through a FFL then they know. If you did it through a private transaction then they do not.

Registration leads to confiscation.

Thanks UK Firearms Act 1997!

And by way of example, when you get pulled over by police in MA, they can now see whether you have an LTC and a list of all the guns 'registered' to you. (but we don't have registration, we only have 'transfer records'!)

Only an idiot would register their firearms if they weren't already registered.

And by way of example, when you get pulled over by police in MA, they can now see whether you have an LTC and a list of all the guns 'registered' to you. (but we don't have registration, we only have 'transfer records'!)

Only an idiot would register their firearms if they weren't already registered.

What about all the ones that go through an FFL on 4473s? Aren't they similarly "registered"?

How? Do they have an FA10-esque system a-la MA? AFAIK FFL's are only obligated to provide their bound books to the BAFTE.

DPS-3-C form is filled out...a copy goes to the DESPP and your local police office plus the buyer and FFL keep a copy. I have no idea if these are stored digitally and dumped to a database. My knowledge of CT's process is limited (and possibly not 100% accurate).

If they are it might not be a huge surprise and it's possible they could pull a NYC and send out letters saying "our records show you own XYZ and you did not register it....blah blah blah...bow before Supreme Leader Malloy".

You'd be crazy to comply. I wouldn't if they did something like that here in VA.

All you're doing is signing up to be a political punching bag later on down the road.

You'd be crazy to comply. I wouldn't if they did something like that here in VA.

All you're doing is signing up to be a political punching bag later on down the road.

Political Punching Bag? How so? If someone in CT bought an "assault weapon" and a DSP-3-C was filed chances are decent that the state knows about it already. If the Gestapo wants to come take them they likely know where you are already.

Not if you sold it and paid for the pvc in cash.

As the saying goes..."If it's time to bury your guns...It's time to dig them up".

I don't disagree with the sentiment of not registering....just saying that it isn't like they don't have a good idea who owns firearms in the state of CT. Also since they will require a permit/certificate to even purchase ammo/components now <insert Liberal Governor here> could very easily pull up a list of suspected enemies of CT.

Not if you sold it and paid for the pvc in cash.

Its been said before, but I'll say it again... if its time to bury your guns, its time to dig them up!

Seriously, there is no point in burying them at all. What good are they to you in the ground, especially if you can never take them out to shoot again. What are you saving them for? The supposed "go time"? If confiscation isn't go time, I don't know what is!

No I agree with the whole if its time to bury them its time to use them but having a couple in storage, in reserve, on vacation, on lay-a-way, (insert your favorite term here), isn't a bad idea. As for ammo I've heard talk about trips out of state to get ammo, mags, gas, booze, smokes etc. CT has opened themselves up to a large blackmarket. With the laws and taxes that state has its now the new version of prohibition.

No I agree with the whole if its time to bury them its time to use them but having a couple in storage, in reserve, on vacation, on lay-a-way, (insert your favorite term here), isn't a bad idea. As for ammo I've heard talk about trips out of state to get ammo, mags, gas, booze, smokes etc. CT has opened themselves up to a large blackmarket. With the laws and taxes that state has its now the new version of prohibition.

OK, I see what you are saying now and agree.

I can't believe the nerve they have.
If you can prove you owned the guns before the law went into effect its only a class A misdemeanor....still a felony tho. And since when is the burden on the accused to prove their innocence? Innocent until proven guilty *******s!

Mr.lawlor, thanks for your mugshot. I may print a few and bring them to the range to prominently display for all those to see.....at the 100 yard line. ****er!

mike-lawlor.jpg

Michael Lawlor, Gov. Dannel P. Malloy’s criminal justice advisor, said that so far fewer people than expected have registered weapons under the new law. However, he said gun owners should take seriously the consequences of ignoring the law. Disregarding the registration requirements can carry felony charges in some cases, which can make Connecticut residents ineligible to own guns.

First-time offenders who can prove they owned the weapon before the law passed, and have otherwise followed the law, may be charged with a class A misdemeanor. In other cases, possessing one of the newly-banned guns will be considered a felony that carries with it a sentence of at least a year in prison.

Its because Mikey, liberty loving folks outnumber the .gov and LE community. What you really going to do about it, Bullseye brain!?

- - - Updated - - -

Make your targets folks!!

Its been said before, but I'll say it again... if its time to bury your guns, its time to dig them up!

Seriously, there is no point in burying them at all. What good are they to you in the ground, especially if you can never take them out to shoot again. What are you saving them for? The supposed "go time"? If confiscation isn't go time, I don't know what is!

The only thing I'd think of would be to save them for when The Will of the People to be free overcomes the tolerance of living in an overbearing police state.

You'd be more effective with one rifle in an army of many than with many rifles in an army of one.

And by way of example, when you get pulled over by police in MA, they can now see whether you have an LTC and a list of all the guns 'registered' to you..

This can't be true. I was pulled over a few weeks ago and there were no brown stains on the troopers pants.

Although... He WAS the most POLITE trooper is met in a long while...

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

The main firearm that CT wants to register is the AR-15. Can't buy one here anymore as they are outlawed ( in the state where Colt still makes them. Go figure.) All AR-15s if purchased new go through an FFL and NICS so the state and local town PD has a record of the sale. Some, of course, went through a FTF xfer and didn't (at the time) require any paperwork to either the state or town. However, the initial purchase of that AR would have been papered so someone will get a call if it isn't registered. They're going to make a big deal out of it, believe me. They'll also make someone an example and turn his/her life upside down just to scare the rest of us. Curios, however, that they find money in the budget for state employees to be doing this while other, more important departments go lacking resources.

My suggestion to my fellow CT shooters is that those who are inclined to register as required do so the last few days of December. Remember, this is NOT an application. This is simply an acknowledgement to the state that you own a particular rifle(s). It's a declaration of ownership not an application to own one. Same goes with the Mags. So, as long as your envelope is postmarked 12/31 or earlier you're good to go. The state will just have to deal with it.

My prediction? There will be a huge under enrollment initially. An example will be made and then an amnesty called and a few more will enroll. But there will still be a huge contingency that will not register, period. ME? I'm selling my two registerable rifles to my best friend in NH this month. Then, when we finally move to Maine, I'll repurchase them from him and we'll both be breathing freer air. CT will NOT get my mags nor my rifle registered. While I'm not a fanatic I do wear my "Molon Labe" hat regularly. The best I can do without becoming a posterboy for a lawsuit is to scoot my babies out of town until I can join them in the near future.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom