• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Question

I am a licensed (LTC no restrictions) Massachusetts resident with a non-resident NH permit. I noticed that CT honors NH permits on uscarry.com. Will I be able to carry in CT, or do they only honor resident NH permits?

According to handgunlaw.us there is NO acceptance or reciprocity either way between NH and CT. You must get a CT permit if you want to carry there. (or vice versa).

I'm guessing uscarry.com is wrong. There is typically no way in hell a more communist state will ever honor a permit from a state that is less communist than it
is. (this is a general rule). Further, most of the communist states are "landlocked" WRT CCWs. (The PDF on handgunlaw.us says that CT honors NO permits from
any other state, although a handful of them honor the CT permit, but none of them are in this half of the country. )

-Mike

Last edited:
CT does not honor any other states' permits. By statute, CT does allow handgun possession by out of state residents under certain very limited circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom