• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Pistol Permit???

Follow this link and there is the information you want about Conn non-resident permits also a direct link to Special License and Firearms Unit

http://www.packing.org/state/connecticut/

Contact the "Special License and Firearms Unit" of the Connecticut State Police at 860-685-8494 to request and application.

This might be a stupid question, but I heard CT resident does not need a license for a long gun or a handgun in your home as long you don't carry it off your property you can have it. Is this true? and you can buy a handgun without a permit as long as you have a hunting license and you wait 30 days.

thanks for the link to the CT laws, what I didnt see anywhere was the requirements on long guns. do you need a permit or is resident status only needed to own and buy a long gun. And I also couldnt find if it was legal to have a handgun in your home without license.

thanks for the link to the CT laws, what I didnt see anywhere was the requirements on long guns. do you need a permit or is resident status only needed to own and buy a long gun. And I also couldnt find if it was legal to have a handgun in your home without license.

On the last website referenced there was a section in the upper right entitled "Contact Us". I strongly suggest that you call them directly and ask them these questions.

While people here are generally pretty knowledgeable about various gun laws, nothing beats going to the source.

Let us know what you find out.

One thing to watch out for in CT... if you have any "evil black rilfes" be
sure they don't run afoul of what is perhaps the country's most byzantine
and hardest to understand set of laws against "assault weapons" that
exists.... once you start reading into it, you will discover lots of
crazy shit. So if you are going to bring an "EBR" down there I would highly
suggest reading/reviewing the laws.

And the AW laws are not a joke there, either... IIRC an MA guy was arrested
at a CT gun show because he was trying to sell a particular brand of AR
which was not legal there. (I think it was a Colt AR-15).

-Mike

One thing to watch out for in CT... if you have any "evil black rilfes" be
sure they don't run afoul of what is perhaps the country's most byzantine
and hardest to understand set of laws against "assault weapons" that
exists.... once you start reading into it, you will discover lots of
crazy shit. So if you are going to bring an "EBR" down there I would highly
suggest reading/reviewing the laws.

And the AW laws are not a joke there, either... IIRC an MA guy was arrested
at a CT gun show because he was trying to sell a particular brand of AR
which was not legal there. (I think it was a Colt AR-15).

-Mike

Yeah- I noticed on the CT web site above there was a link to the actual list of illegal assault weapons. Strange list indeed as Bushy ARs weren't on the list but other seemed to be.

In Ct. you do not need a ccw permit to purchase ANY long gun however you will have to wait 2 weeks for a backround check unless you have a CT. hunting permit.Ar's are not on the ban list in CT.however they must be CT. compliant meaning they cannot have a collapsible stock,bayo lug or a post ban style muzzle brke.You are allowed to have pre-ban guns and hi-cap mags though.Yes this states gun laws SUCK!!!There is no law against specific "brand" AR's that I'm aware of.

In Ct. you do not need a ccw permit to purchase ANY long gun however you will have to wait 2 weeks for a backround check unless you have a CT. hunting permit.Ar's are not on the ban list in CT.however they must be CT. compliant meaning they cannot have a collapsible stock,bayo lug or a post ban style muzzle brke.You are allowed to have pre-ban guns and hi-cap mags though.Yes this states gun laws SUCK!!!There is no law against specific "brand" AR's that I'm aware of.

CT lists the Colt AR-15 as a assult weapon per their list, thus only Law enforcement and military personnel may possess Assault Weapons in connection with their official duties, and any person who has a Certificate of Possession issued by the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit may possess the Assault Weapon listed on their certificate.

They do list the Colt "ar-15" or "sporter" on the ban list however this is ONLY the designation on the side of the receiver as the new legal post-ban Colts for CT. say "Match Target" on the side of the receiver.These are perfectly legal to own in CT...if you can find one now,lol.The "certificate of possession" that the Licensing unit invented was only a grandfather certificate for the people who already legally owned "assault weapons" in the state and was to be filed within 60 days of the beginning date of the ban and is no longer available.So now if you own an "assault weapon" in CT. and it was not registered,the DPS has announced that you can turn it in for "destruction" to any state police barracks without penalty...or if you get caught with it your up the creek without a paddle I guess.

Back
Top Bottom