CT Permit Wait Time?

Hey folks,
So I just recently applied for a Connecticut pistol/CC permit. I’m curious if anyone here has recently (within the last couple of months) applied in CT and could share some info on how long your wait was? My biggest fear is having to wait a month+ just to find out my ink prints were denied. Waiting for things is not one of my strong suits hahaha. Any info would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

Resident or nonresident?

I applied for my nonresident at the end of June and was told that they were running 4 months. I’m still waiting.

I applied in person in Middletown so I know that all of the info was good.

Bob

I haven’t heard anything negative firsthand about Burlington so you’re likely looking at the typical 10-12 week turnaround.

I am currently at 11 weeks wait time. Application was submitted on July 8. My prints were taken electronically. The FBI received my prints on July 8 as they were sent on the AFIS (sp?) scanner. The FBI returned the results that very same day to the State Police. I called the FBI customer service # gave them my name and DOB, and they were able to tell me it had been returned. Your results might be slightly different since the ink prints need to be scanned in by the State Police which requires the town to actually mail the prints and then it requires the State to get the mail, open it and scan the prints. How the scanning machine at my PD works is the prints are automatically sent to the State Police electronically and then the prints are automatically sent by the State Police to the FBI. The FBI then returns the prints to the State Police. It is all automated and this was done on a Sunday.

The hold up is the State. The State does a check of their own records that they also send back to the town. I guess the reason being there might stuff in the state records that aren't in the FBI records. So even though the FBI check is returned within hours the State has a backlog of applications that have to be searched in their records. The State is working on applications from June right now. I would prepare for at least a 12-16 week wait unfortunately.

You can call the FBI to see if your prints were submitted and the results returned. If the results were returned that would seem to be a good indication that your ink prints are good.

Back
Top Bottom