CT out to slow gun purchases

Thank you for posting this. I’ve been meaning to but have gotten tied up with other things. I’ve been following it on another site and it’s has pretty much been established that the change is politically motivated.

despp: Connecticut Firearms Dealers
General Information:

The SLFU is your “Point of Contact” with the FBI and all attempts to obtain a gun sale authorization number must be made through our office. Once a request is received a National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) is conducted and a transaction number is automatically assigned. The SLFU utilizes a Dealer Identification Number that correspond with the last five digits of the FFL number plus a Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.) picked by the dealer. These distinct numbers aid SLFU employees with the authorization process and eventually will allow the dealer to access a totally automated system.

Toll-free authorization line: 1-888-335-8438, or local:
(860) 685-8400 IVR - 1-877-410-8717

Authorization line hours:

• Monday through Friday 8 A.M. - 7 P.M.
  • Saturday 9 AM. – 5 PM.
  • Sunday authorizations available through IVR, and by telephone from 10 A.M. - 3 P.M.
  • Required paperwork may be obtained through the SLFU. This would include Departmental forms: DPS-3-C, DPS-67-C .

Back
Top Bottom