• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT - Out of state permit wait time?

I applied for my Concealed Carry, but in state, it takes like 12 weeks I'm told.

In state takes 12 weeks if you're lucky! My friend just got his after 7 months and I've heard of others taking much longer...especially for Bridgeport residents.I got mine in 2003 and it took about 12 weeks then.At the time I lived in Stratford and one of my best friends is a Stratford police officer and if it wasn't for him it would have taken much longer.It had been back from Virginia for a week already and the officer in charge of permits said it would have sat there for a few more before he "got to it".

On the bright side, renewals are due every 5 years, and are pretty easy...

You have 2 options:

1) Fill out the renewal form, which needs a Notary seal, proof of citizenship, and your check.

OR

2) Take a quick drive to 1111 Country Club Drive in Middletown, CT, which is the where the Department of Public Safety Headquarters is, and inside is the Special Licensing & Firearms Unit. Walk up to the counter, show your current Pistol Permit, let them take a new picture, pay your $35, and they hand you a brand new one.

CT Non-Resident Permit

When I applied for my original permit, it was directly to the DPS. They notified me that my finger print card was not acceptable (it was pretty smudged as I remember). I went to the DPS and they scanned my prints and took a photo. The people in the licensing division were very accommodating. As I recall it took about 30 days.

I renewed my license in January of this year, and the whole process took less than 45 days.

It sounds like they are getting backed up with applications. However, if you already have a Class A "ALP" LTC in MA, and you furnish all the required documentation, you should not have any problem other than a wait. To my knowledge they will treat it as a "shall issue".

On the bright side, renewals are due every 5 years, and are pretty easy...

You have 2 options:

1) Fill out the renewal form, which needs a Notary seal, proof of citizenship, and your check.

OR

2) Take a quick drive to 1111 Country Club Drive in Middletown, CT, which is the where the Department of Public Safety Headquarters is, and inside is the Special Licensing & Firearms Unit. Walk up to the counter, show your current Pistol Permit, let them take a new picture, pay your $35, and they hand you a brand new one.

Today, I opted for option number 2...I showed up with everything I need. After waiting a whole 10 minutes, I had my new Pistol Permit in hand and was walking out the door. [smile]

Today, I opted for option number 2...I showed up with everything I need. After waiting a whole 10 minutes, I had my new Pistol Permit in hand and was walking out the door. [smile]
This is what I will do when the time comes to renew. This running around and filling out various forms is a pain in the a$$.

Mailed mine in today, so I guess the clock starts next week for me.

Fee

From Nov 19 to Dec 31 (This also includes a resubmission because the of Fee changes to the Fingerprinting). So that is 42 days. Hey JonJ, according to Connecticut I am white......

Fee

From Nov 19 to Dec 31 (This also includes a resubmission because the of Fee changes to the Fingerprinting). So that is 42 days. Hey JonJ, according to Connecticut I am white......

Fee
Congratulations, Felix. It was a pleasure to be able to help you.
White? I guess you are what they want you to be[thinking]

Congratulations, Felix. It was a pleasure to be able to help you.
White? I guess you are what they want you to be[thinking]

Black/Hispanic Irish baby! I did tell you I grew up in an all-irish neighbor right? [smile] I was from the clan of O'Guzman and Our shield/crest was the Captain Morgan symbol!

My non res application to CT was sent in mid January.
Check to CT cleared on 2/12.
Nothing as of today, five weeks after check cleared.

Back
Top Bottom