CT Non-Resident LTC Application

I have been trying at random times, multiple times a day sometimes, for the last two weeks to get through to someone to request an application for CT NR LTC. The number on their website
(http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494614) just rings and rings with no one ever answering. Has anyone been successful in requesting an application? If so is there a best time of day to call?

I thought I had a direct number to one of the detectives down there, but came up empty looking for it. They're a PITA to get through to someone. I always googled the CT special licensing and firearms unit. I may be wrong, but I think the application is the same for res/non res, you just mark which one. I may be wrong though. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with a better answer.

If you can't get it from them, call Mass Firearms and see if they have any extras? I took the class there, and they had them.

When I did this, it was more than "a form." It was a package, containing a number of forms, plus a particular print card, plus a detailed instruction sheet.

As I recall, I called number in the web site. A helpful lady answered, and I had the package two or three days later. I returned the completed package a week after that, and the permit arrived four five weeks later.

They may have had some state worker "snow days." I'd keep trying the phone number.

When I did this, it was more than "a form." It was a package, containing a number of forms, plus a particular print card, plus a detailed instruction sheet.

As I recall, I called number in the web site. A helpful lady answered, and I had the package two or three days later. I returned the completed package a week after that, and the permit arrived four five weeks later.

They may have had some state worker "snow days." I'd keep trying the phone number.

Same here.

Its an easy process and you should not have any issues. They will mail the application & fingerprint cards to your address. I got my non-resident permit in about 6 weeks.

if you have no luck getting through I'll swing by one day this week and pick up a package for you . It's only about 10 minutes from my house

just let me know

Thanks Joe I appreciate the offer! I'll keep trying this week and see what I come up with and let you know.

Well after hearing that I might be working at a jobsite in Bridgeport in the next couple months, I think I better hurry up and get my CT nonresident permit[laugh]. Should have done this awhile ago...

Crap. Just got the package sent back to me. Apparently the LTC-001 safety course isn't accepted. Need at least the LTC-002 course. Damn. This permit is already pricey enough now I need to take a $100 course. Lame.

Crap. Just got the package sent back to me. Apparently the LTC-001 safety course isn't accepted. Need at least the LTC-002 course. Damn. This permit is already pricey enough now I need to take a $100 course. Lame.

What does the LTC-002 course entail? You'd think that once you've had an existing LTC that it would count as its not like a newbie just applying for a first permit.

My limited understanding is that the LTC-001 is a MA certified course whereas the LTC-002 course is NRA certified? CT requires a NRA certified course.

Does it need to be live-fire?

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494620

What are the minimum firearms training course requirements for pistol permit applicants?

You are required to complete a handgun safety course, which must consist of no less than the NRA's "Basic Pistol Course," prior to submitting the application. The NRA's "Home Firearms Safety Course" and "First Steps Pistol Orientation Program" are not approved courses.

Live fire is also required. Computer-generated programs, dry-fire, other simulated shooting tools, plastic bullets, air guns or any other alternatives are not acceptable. Students must fire a semi-automatic pistol or revolver. Any questions should be referred to the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit.

It isn't clear to me that anything except NRA BP is acceptable. Once upon a time I thought NRA Personal Protection In the Home qualified (you shoot ~80 rds) but was told by someone with good connections in CT DESPP that they don't accept that, so I dropped it from my course description.

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?a=4213&q=494620

It isn't clear to me that anything except NRA BP is acceptable. Once upon a time I thought NRA Personal Protection In the Home qualified (you shoot ~80 rds) but was told by someone with good connections in CT DESPP that they don't accept that, so I dropped it from my course description.

A few years ago they bounced back my app with my NRA PPITH as incomplete, was told to resubmit with a NRA Basic Pistol certificate before they would process the application.

A few years ago they bounced back my app with my NRA PPITH as incomplete, was told to resubmit with a NRA Basic Pistol certificate before they would process the application.

That fits what I was told and proves that DESPP has no idea what these courses are about. PPIH includes the pertinent info in BP and then some, certainly has a lot more live fire as well. Sad that they say "at least equal to BP" and then don't accept anything but BP!!

Let me know when you find a course you want to take. I might tag along. I'm in CT often enough that having my non-resident permit would be nice.

If the OP still needs an application reach out to us and we will mail one to you.

We worked for two years to get our class approved by Connecticut.

The way our program works is if somebody takes our basic firearms safety class all they need to do is take a second 4hr class ( http://www.massfirearms.com/class/connecticut-license-to-carry-class-part-2 ) to qualify for a Connecticut permit. This is a great program for our students.

Unfortunately, students who have not taken our basic firearms safety class have to take both classes to qualify for the permit at our facility.

Steve

Sent out app in July got sent back once because I had a check made out to the old amount for finger print costs. Then received in September. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been 6 weeks since I hand delivered my application and they still haven't cashed my checks. I thought they would have cashed them immediately. Hopefully see something in the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom