• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT - New Gun Bill Coming!

Posted - 03/01/2005 : 08:52:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. Thanks for the forum.

Connecticut is facing yet another assault on their gun rights. Here's the NRA link:

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=1393-L

SB1133 is a boondoggle and will further stir up the already muddy waters of unintelligible gun laws here in the Nutmeg State.

Between NY and CT, it would appear that gun owners are facing an all out incremental assault on our already diluted gun rights. With all the other fiscal and societal issues facing our state, why this legislation is even being considered is mind-boggling.

As you probably have all heard, too, the BATFE is coming back to Hartford to attack the escalating bad-guy gun violence in the city. This is reminiscent of the time about ten years ago when the BATFE opened an office in Hartford to stem the drug related gang wars that were occurring. There were a number of Jamaican drug gangs dividing up the city and the BATFE locked up a huge number of bad guys by infiltrating their organization. The problem, however, is that most of them received 10 year sentences and guess what? These guys are coming back little by little and are most probably the source for these illegal weapons and are recruiting the youngsters once again. They live in the suburbs and "commute" to Hartford just like everyone else. Yuck!

What a mess. Yet, the legislators insist that attacking the legal, law-abiding gun owner residents of our fair state is what they need to be doing. It's just maddening.

So, let's look closely at this legislation and mount a phone call, LETTER writing (not emailing) campaign to defeat this crap before it goes too far. I know that my State Senator Kissel(R) and State Rep, Jarmoc (D) are against it. They are only two voices of reason in a very blue state, however. If you live in a district that has anti-gun reps or senators, CALL THEM and WRITE them. You don't have to say much, just that you feel strongly feel that any additional gun laws that restrict legal residents their rights are a complete waste of time while the bad guys will care less. Ask them to redirect their efforts by simply enforcing existing laws when crimes committed with illegal firearms are committed and the perps are prosecuted to the full extent of the already existing laws. These bad guys are NOT using rifles to commit these crimes but pistols that the gangs are stealing or importing from other states.

UGH! I'd so much prefer to be talking about the coming shooting seaon and the fun part of this hobby rather than continuously looking over my shoulder!! I'm sure you all feel the same way.

Rome

EDITED to clarify State of Reference by LenS, mod

Back
Top Bottom