• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ct loon: tax write off for turning in your AR15

The usual nutty leftist Dems doing their usual nutty leftist Dem thing and trying to take away your Constitutional rights any and every way they can possibly think of.

Acronym fail.

The Support Assault Firearm Elimination and Education of our (SAFER) Streets Act

Neither the word "Elimination" nor "Education" contains the letter "R". So SAFEE Streets act or SAFE Streets Act, but not SAFER Streets Act.

P.S. I didn't see any mention of how they'd pay for all of these credits. Maybe they'd raise the cost of licenses to cover them.

Last edited:
If at first you don't succeed...

On 14 January 2013, she introduced a bill allowing for the voluntary surrender of assault-type weapons with
compensation to come in the form of tax credits.[18]

She looks like a sickly Keith Richards in drag...

xp2W8OT.jpg

Guys, this is a cash windfall.

M&P Sport is what? $600. Credit is $2,000.

That is a net cash savings of $1,400 a year... Buy the rifle Jan 1, shoot the shit out of it with Tula and trade it in for a new one December 30th.

This is win legislation if I've ever seen.

They said this about muskets way back in the day....man, what goes around does come around...

“Assault weapons are not about hunting, or even self-defense,” DeLauro said. “There is no reason on earth, other than to kill as many people as possible in as short a time as possible, that anyone needs a gun designed for a battlefield.”

“Just days after the Newtown tragedy, President Obama asked, ‘Are we doing enough to protect our children?’ And he admitted the answer is, ‘no.’ That must change,” DeLauro said."

For once I agree with Obama. Just not for the same reason. He blames sporting rifles for the tragedy at Newtown. I blame unprotected "gun free" zones.

Last edited:
A tax write off is the best they can come up with?? Good Grief. I can confirm that Rosa De Lauro is clinically insane since I used to live in her district many years ago. Since I'm a woman I can safely say that. Some of the quotes she has come up with over her career are amazing whoppers, and show how little one actually has to know to be a member of congress. The funny thing is she has several defense contractors in her district so she plays nice with them since the jobs keep the voters voting for her. Republicans on the other hand keep nominating low key loonies to run against another looney, so it's a no win scenario. I just hope CT wakes up some day.

A tax write off is the best they can come up with?? Good Grief. I can confirm that Rosa De Lauro is clinically insane since I used to live in her district many years ago. Since I'm a woman I can safely say that. Some of the quotes she has come up with over her career are amazing whoppers, and show how little one actually has to know to be a member of congress. The funny thing is she has several defense contractors in her district so she plays nice with them since the jobs keep the voters voting for her. Republicans on the other hand keep nominating low key loonies to run against another looney, so it's a no win scenario. I just hope CT wakes up some day.

I hope CT falls into the sea someday....between CT, RI and MA...there IS no hope

If at first you don't succeed...

She looks like a sickly Keith Richards in drag...

xp2W8OT.jpg

Jesus, Mary and Joseph...could you imagine waking up to something like that??? [puke] [puke2]

...and check out her "trendy" hairdo/dye job....Sweet Jesus, you aren't 22 years old lady...I'll bet she has a tramp stamp too.

Last edited:
A tax write off is the best they can come up with??

A tax credit. A credit is a dollar for dollar reduction of tax. A credit is superior to a writeoff, which is a deduction or dollar for dollar reduction of taxable income.

This is like printing money. SHit a lower is what? $75? OMG, I'm never paying tax again!

That is a net cash savings of $1,400 a year... Buy the rifle Jan 1, shoot the shit out of it with Tula and trade it in for a new one December 30th.

credit is up to $2000...but the above idea seems perfect :)

A tax credit. A credit is a dollar for dollar reduction of tax. A credit is superior to a writeoff, which is a deduction or dollar for dollar reduction of taxable income.

This is like printing money. SHit a lower is what? $75? OMG, I'm never paying tax again!

You might be onto something there....hmmmmm!

Oooooh. Imagine how profitable Mosins would be?

815375202.gif

Bloody hell that is one goddam ugly woman. She looks like one of those Hollywood witches come to life.

It looks like she made her coat out of a bunch of oven mitts.

She's no fashion queen, that's for sure.

Almost looks like she gets her clothing (including glasses), from the Elton John collection..

FSNlsFP.png

lOcMazf.jpg

UcZG1Gp.jpg

FfiBv3L.jpg

Hmm, so you're saying if I went out and bought say 4 lowers, I could then turn them into my local PD and get a slip for 4 "assault rifles according to the looney bin" and then put almost $8k in my pocket next year?? If that's true, I need to get a MG license :)

Hmm, so you're saying if I went out and bought say 4 lowers, I could then turn them into my local PD and get a slip for 4 "assault rifles according to the looney bin" and then put almost $8k in my pocket next year?? If that's true, I need to get a MG license :)

My understanding is "up to" 2k. So, assuming you get the full boat credit per super killy black rifle, your 4 lowers would be 2k per year over 4 years.

Think about this, an FFL could legally do it all day long. Purchase a post ban gun and turn it in.

Back
Top Bottom