CT laws

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
Have all those CT gun laws gone into effect yet? I live in MA and used to take trips there for ammo. Or am I Gona have to wait till the one in Hudson to be built before its worth it again?

My understanding is that the new laws specific to ammo don't go into effect until October (I think). That being said I've heard of a few shops refusing to sell to out of state people. I have a non-res CT Pistol Permit and I'm assuming when the dust settles that will be good enough in the eyes of Lord Malloy to purchase ammo in his kingdom. I could, of course, be completely wrong.

My understanding is that the new laws specific to ammo don't go into effect until October (I think). That being said I've heard of a few shops refusing to sell to out of state people. I have a non-res CT Pistol Permit and I'm assuming when the dust settles that will be good enough in the eyes of Lord Malloy to purchase ammo in his kingdom. I could, of course, be completely wrong.

This is similar to what I was told at a GS down there, except they told me that it takes effect sometime in Sept. Either way, I guess we are gtg at least for the summer...

Ok. I was Gona take a trip cause my daughter likes the fish and dead animal zoo haha. And I need some ammo. Can't wait till the Hudson one opens.

I have a non-res CT Pistol Permit and I'm assuming when the dust settles that will be good enough in the eyes of Lord Malloy to purchase ammo in his kingdom.

Nope. As written, you need a separate permit for ammo and a separate permit for CCW. So non-residents will need another permit. I suspect that when a second round of rewrites comes around they may reconcile this.

Nope. As written, you need a separate permit for ammo and a separate permit for CCW. So non-residents will need another permit. I suspect that when a second round of rewrites comes around they may reconcile this.

Holy crap that is full retard! They will let you carry concealed handguns but not be able to purchase ammo on the same permit?

Holy crap that is full retard! They will let you carry concealed handguns but not be able to purchase ammo on the same permit?

Connecticut gun law: Breakdown of when new rules go into effect- The New Haven Register - Serving New Haven, Connecticut
AMMUNITION CERTIFICATE: Anyone 18 years of age and older can request an ammunition certificate, which will require a national criminal history check. The cost is $35 and it is in effect for five years. Applicants are ineligible if guilty of any felony, certain misdeamonors or involuntary psychiatric confinement. The certificate is not needed for those holding a permit to carry a pistol, which covers about 200,000 individuals in Connecticut, a handgun eligibility certificate or a long gun certificate.

Wrong. Pistol permit covers both ammo purchase and rifle eligibility. Also, its not a ccw in Ct.

Sorry, I have not looked at the law since they first proposed the package, that was the what they were pushing when it was being originally advertised.

I call them all CCW. I call it CCW in CT. I call it CCW in MA. I call it CCW in RI. Rhode Island calls it a "pistol permit". Should I use that instead? We all know what a CCW is... don't we?

Sorry, I have not looked at the law since they first proposed the package, that was the what they were pushing when it was being originally advertised.

I call them all CCW. I call it CCW in CT. I call it CCW in MA. I call it CCW in RI. Rhode Island calls it a "pistol permit". Should I use that instead? We all know what a CCW is... don't we?

Thing is, you need the permit to carry concealed or open in Connecticut.

Thing is, what do YOU call it? "Infringement of your rights permit?" Who gives a rats ass? In all states that allow it (aside from AZ and VT) you need a permit to CCW. So CCW covers it all....

My point is that you need the permit to carry lawfully at all, concealed or open. (This is as opposed to, say, New Hampshire.) That is why it says at the top "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers" (note no mention of concealed).

Now you're just being obtuse and argumentative. But I'll play along, when you refer to your CT permit, what do you call it? Do you type out "State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers". I think not....

"Carry permit" or, in most casual conversation, "pistol permit."

Back
Top Bottom