• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT lawmakers wish to make CCW named public

law that just hinder the law abiding. why can't they get there heads around the fact that criminals by there very definition will not adhere to laws old or new.

There's specific case law on this in CT. Police are not allowed to even ask for your permit if you are not committing a crime and the courts have explicitly ruled that open carry does not constitute a crime such as disturbing the peace or the like.

I open carry every day, everywhere. I have never had a police encounter over it even when carrying in front of officers.

Yeah, the issue is only case law interpreting a constitutional provision can override a law passed by the legislature. If he court was deciding the meaning of a statute, the legislature can simply amend the law.

Yeah, the issue is only case law interpreting a constitutional provision can override a law passed by the legislature. If he court was deciding the meaning of a statute, the legislature can simply amend the law.

I agree, but fortunately nothing has happened here in CT yet. We're hoping to weather the storm with nothing passing so we can stick to our original financial plan and not uproot the kids mid school year.

Back
Top Bottom