• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT is in serious trouble

I just finished watching the debate between the candidates for governor of CT. Both of these guys are terrible, never heard such drivel. Add to that the Linda Mcsteroids is running for senate, its going to get worse. Her debating skills were taken right from Shatner - utter a one line insult to her opponent (who I have no love for either), and then preach the same line - no matter what the question was.

I don't want this to be a 'politcal' thread - just venting on our lack of quality candidates from either party.

Both candidates for governor have rectalcranialainversions going on, it is a real shame that this is the best CT. has to offer. As far as the McMahon/Blumenthal race, he is clueless outside of his AG office, completely clueless. At least Linda has a clue about business and getting Washington off of the backs of the job creators. Blumenthal looked like a deer in the headlights at the debate.

just venting on our lack of quality candidates from either party.
Then why don't you run for office? Seriously? The politicians we get are only as good as those who run for elected office.

Most of the Republicans who have even a remote shot of winning are not solid conservative candidates. But they are the best we can hope for in a deep blue state such as this.

This clip of the McMahon Blumy debate was pretty good.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is a lot of unknown/unpolled anger at the politicians by people in this state. The question is will that anger show up at the polls come Nov. 2nd? If it does than all bets are off on assuming that Democrats will be elected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Boss , I'd say screw it and forget about it for a couple days at the Buzzard Boil this next weekend !

I will be there Friday for setup and to help run the side matches, shooting Saturday and Sunday and breakdown on Monday - so will be putting some miles on the truck. Are you coming?

It's bound to happen when the millionairs get into politics. They don't have to manage a budget, worry about health care or be concerned about their jobs.

They will tell you over and over again that they know how you feel because they have people that work for them. The same people they outsource by the way. Why do these people spend millions of their own money to get into politics? Simple answer is it's an exclusive club where they get their names in the history books while exercising control over the masses. Their opinion will matter because they have that vote and people in WA will befreind, kiss their arse to get it.

We need a someone or some group like the TEA Party to exercise these people right out of office. Not because the Tea party will always be right but because it's an alternative to demonstrate for once America cannot be sold down the tubes to the people and groups that lobby them. Term limits come next!

I missed the debate but did have the opportunity to ask "Linda" about her thoughts on the 2A during a telephone town meeting about 1 month ago. She mentioned how New Britain was the first town that she lived in as a young girl when her family first moved to CT. Maybe she has some blue collar roots in her distant past somewhere, who knows?
She also described how her father let her shoot his 12 ga. shotgun back then and how it walloped her shoulder pretty good. But she went on to say that she gets that question all the time and that she supports gun rights and hunters. It must have been due to her upbringing. That's more than can be said for "Dick's" record of filing nuisance lawsuits against gun manufacturers.
It's one thing to be bright and something else to be perfectly honest about how one feels about guns I guess.

Last edited:
I don't want this to be a 'politcal' thread - just venting on our lack of quality candidates from either party.

It only proves once again that the people who are truly most qualified to lead us, choose NOT to dirty their hands in the nasty business of politics. That's why we end up with idiots, hacks and egomaniacs for candidates.

Whole country is in trouble... Our best-case scenario is that we overrun Congress/Senate/Governor seats with a bunch of people who are "not that guy"...

We have no idea what we will get out of this process... Hopefully, we will at least get the message across to the political elites that they need to start worrying about what we think, but frankly, I have not seen any concentrated movement towards "limited government" or anything that is a sustainable policy from any direction.

The message of limited government and enumerated powers is being drowned out by competing bread and circus from 3 sides...

The message of limited government and enumerated powers is being drowned out by competing bread and circus from 3 sides...
So, in your view the TEA party movement is not about limited government?

Oh, that's right. It's just a backdoor attempt at theocracy........[rolleyes]

So, in your view the TEA party movement is not about limited government?

Oh, that's right. It's just a backdoor attempt at theocracy........[rolleyes]
[thinking]

Uh, no, but between the Democrats, Republicans and media, that message is getting drowned out by claims by each that its about the "ultra-right wing agenda"...

As I've said, inside the Republican party "RINO" is mis-defined as meaning "Republican who does not toe the pro-life agenda line"...

The Democrats and media are playing that up... The Tea Party is in fact about limited government.

BTW, your theocracy comment is a red herring to all of my arguments, but there is a big difference between "theocratic" ideology (legislating morality in various ways) and a "theocracy" (where the church is part of the government). You, like the Democrats, Republicans and media are confusing the issue and losing sight of the benefit and importance of limited government and not legislating "morality."

You, like the Democrats, Republicans and media are confusing the issue and losing sight of the benefit and importance of limited government and not legislating "morality."
I haven't confused anything.

You want to live in a society with zero legal bounds to public behavior. Fine. I've told you before that the sword cuts both ways. Be very careful what you wish for.

I haven't confused anything.

You want to live in a society with zero legal bounds to public behavior. Fine. I've told you before that the sword cuts both ways. Be very careful what you wish for.
Nope, still confused - I never said that. There are a basic set of rules most everyone agrees on - murder, theft, assault, etc...

Those government can and does regulate. Just about anything we don't agree on shouldn't be regulated by the government...

So, that means what we read, what we watch on TV, what we say, what we do in bed, etc...

Good government should not press the boundaries of consensus in most cases, but that does not mean that the tyranny of the majority is an excuse to extend the boundaries...

Back
Top Bottom