• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT "Gun Violence" Hearing - Watch Live

Here we go, State Senator Beth Bye now making anti-gun statements.

She just re-iterated anti-gun sentiment, but didn't back it up with any factual data, other than bringing up statistics that if there are guns in a home, occupants are in more danger of being shot etc (doing my best here to paraphrase).

Hearing powerful testimony from Gang Assault Victim who defended himself and his wife with a pistol, arguing that he would have "sold his soul to the devil" at that moment to have more guns on him and large capacity magazines.

These people are lining up to give up their rights. Holy shit.

Edit: This bitch needs to shut up. Why is it that I know if someone says "I support the 2nd Amendment" I know the next words out of their mouths are "but I want xxx to be banned".

Last edited:
I've been watching the past few speakers. They seem to be cutting off the pro-talkers and letting the anti's ramble on and on.

I like this guy, the economic approach. Gun industry creates Jobs, economic impact and all. "All changes in policy has economic consequences." [cheers] tell em where it'll hurt.

Also notice all the pro 2A get much more applause than the Anti's

Last edited:
This appeared over at CTShooting:

I just received a call that there is a phone in vote going on RIGHT NOW in
HARTFORD. All you have to do is call the number and tell them that you oppose
any new gun restrictions that are being discussed right now. They do not ask
your name, just your opinion.

The phone number is (860) 240-0530

I haven't called it yet, personally, but I think it's the Judiciary Committee line.

Great article from the Hartford Courant. Almost all of those speaking at the hearing are from our side.

Gun Owners, Opponents Clash Sharply At Historic Hearing At State Capitol Complex | Capitol Watch

Important to note is that many of these people stood outside in the cold & snow this morning for hours (myself two hours) to have the opportunity to weigh in. The vast majority were pro 2a gun owners. Many were there (like myself) with no intention of speaking but supporting those that are. The hearing will be continuing for many more hours if everyone sticks around

Been here since 8:30. We're crushing them with public testimony. It's running 20:1 for our side. I'm floored how many good speakers. Some with some serious credibility - a SWAT leader, a detective, single moms, crime victims, legal immigrants, vets, etc. we're doing great.

Hey new/low post-count guys: Welcome to NES and thanks for getting out in the cold to get the voice of good guys out there.

Great job guys. Good on you. Perhaps a joining the forces of the NE states for one HUGE rally is in order. If I see any positive feedback here, I'll start a thread for it. Thoughts?

Thanks for the support. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty demoralized this past week that I couldn't seem to get a fire lit under those I reached out to. But this has been really energizing. The media can pretend this isn't happening, but we're burying with Pro2A testimony. Some legislators wouldn't change if God himself told them. But others are going to know they've awoken the bear! And the bear is PISSED!

Here is the AP's take on the hearing. Newtown parents urge enforcement of gun laws - Boston News, New England News, WHDH-TV 7NEWS WHDH.COM

[/QUOTE]Mark Mattioli, whose 6-year-old son James was killed at Sandy Hook, got a standing ovation when he said there are plenty of gun laws but they're not properly enforced. He urged lawmakers to address the culture of violence.
"It's a simple concept. We need civility across our nation," he said. "What we're seeing are symptoms of a bigger problem. This is a symptom. The problem is not gun laws. The problem is a lack of civility."
This is what stuck out to me in the article.

Back
Top Bottom