CT Gun shows cancelled

CB63Medic

NES Member
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/...ext?ref=scroller&categoryId=20000&status=true
"WEST SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Several gun shows in the Northeast have been canceled. 22News finds out if that could be the case in Western Massachusetts as well.

A police chief in Waterbury, Connecticut pulled the permit on a gun show scheduled for this weekend. Northeast Gun Shows run that show and three scheduled for the Eastern States Exposition this year.

The gun control debate has ignited in the aftermath of the Sandy Hook School shootings. Now it is having an affect on gun shows. In this past month, several gun shows have been canceled. Protesters are making their voices heard at others. Northeast Gun Shows holds three shows a year at the Eastern States Exposition in West Springfield.

"I think they should go on as scheduled because I really don't think that's the issue. It's the person not
the guns", says Warren's Sharon Meli.

A representative from the Eastern States Exposition told 22News they haven't even discussed their
scheduled gun show in March saying it's a little ways away.

The Eastern States Exposition has a firearms show scheduled in March, June and October. This topic, like many involving guns are very divisive.

Being a West Springfield resident, do you like having a gun show in your backyard?)

"Not really, I don't like guns to begin with and I never had one and I don't think I'd ever
be in a house where this is one if I'd known it", says West Springfield's Irene Karaskiewicz.

22News left a message with the long time organizer of the Northeast Gun Shows and the West Springfield police chief, but neither called back on Monday."

The one show that was not cancelled was picketed. I had to laugh that parents made their kids picket.

newtown-gun-show.jpeg

On a more shocking note I can't believe this little girl knows what its like to have kids!

Back
Top Bottom