Ct. Gun Laws

Only if you plan on pistol hunting on private land. And that's before getting all the other hunting permits that we have now.

There are very very few restrictions on long guns in CT. The only real one is that it can not be loaded while you are in your vehicle, riding an ATV or a snowmobile.

Other than that, you can transport hit how and where you'd like. No need for it to be cased, no need for it to be in the trunk. You could literally be driving down the road with the gun and and a loaded magazine on the passenger seat of your car. As long as the mag isn't in the gun, you are legal.

Don

I rife hunt in Ct with written permission on private land, you buy your deer tags (permits) separate from your hunting license. Think I paid around $130 for both, hope their is deer left in the woods after this deep snow winter.

The CT DEP has a great online site for buying tags and licenses. I'm not sure if it works for out of staters, but if it does, it is VERY convenient. You print the documents out using your own printer.

Don

Yes it is Don.
But I had to call the 800 # . First time out of stater.
But confusing, or should I say CT. laws are conveloted.
You have A or B season Private or Public land.
And from what Lignum is Saying you need a license AND tags?
Did I miss anything?

Hunting licenses are good for small game without additional tags, for deer or turkey, you need an additional tag.

We have A season and B season for deer on public land, private land is private land and has no A or B season, it does require a private land tag for deer or turkey, landowners get them free.

Back
Top Bottom