• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT Firearms Registration Bill

I think this "registration process for firearms" was also done in Germany...in the early 30's ???

THAT certainly had significant impact on certain sections of the population....

What firearms? I hear that the big PVC tubing is selling faster than bags of salt at Home Depot. There was an old saying in England not long ago: "Why to the Brits oil their gardens? That's where their guns are."

Rome

Doesn't FOPA 86 Forbid this?

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

GOOD LUCK, Like hell I would register my firearms, they have no constitutional right knowing what a person has or owns for personal property. It's no business knowing what refrigerator or TV or computer or firearm that we own.

Doesn't FOPA 86 Forbid this?

No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

If this is true, how can FA-10's be legal?

If this is true, how can FA-10's be legal?

Grandfathered in. The registry already existed and so isn't being established after the date of enactment, and the form is different from the 4473 so it isn't using any records required by that chapter. If they were ever to sunset, they couldn't restart them, at least not legally.

I think this "registration process for firearms" was also done in Germany...in the early 30's ???

THAT certainly had significant impact on certain sections of the population....

it was, and then Hitler was able to confiscate guns from certain portions

of the population. If you have not done so, read up on Hitler, or watch

the History, this dude was extremely crafty.

Looney says most of these new proposals are a reaction to urban gun violence in Connecticut “where you have lots of teenagers and people in their early 20s shooting and killing other teenagers and people in their early 20s.”

I'm sure these fine outstanding young citizens carry their CT issued pistol permits on their persons at all times.

Stupid a** politicians.

WTF?
When do they start confiscation?

GOOD LUCK TO OUR BROTHERS IN THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CT!
Here is a thought, the ciminals don't follow gun laws. Their freaking ciminals.
They call us lawful gun owners for a reason, LAWFUL.

smitty

Grandfathered in. The registry already existed and so isn't being established after the date of enactment, and the form is different from the 4473 so it isn't using any records required by that chapter. If they were ever to sunset, they couldn't restart them, at least not legally.

Then GOAL should start a push for a new form of registration even stricter than the FA-10... for the children.

Let the legislature eagerly eat it up, then have it struck down after it becomes law. Then let the 'new/old' FA-10 system meet the same fate.

You really think the US gov will go after Ct for making a registry? They can start the registry and by the time someone gets arrested, charged, convicted and appeals all the way to the US Supreme court they will be dead and buried.

You never know..but i see this going nowhere...it's probably already dead...I have gotten some responses from people on the Committee it was referred to...including from 1 Democrat in leadership...he said he wants nothing to do with it..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom