• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT bill to ban bump stocks and second bill to ban 80%

“You can buy a disassembled kit and you can machine it at home, and you can make a gun that’s unregistered without a serial number,’’ Tong said. “The bottom part of the gun represents 80 percent of the firearm. It’s the kind of thing that you can do at home."
More fake news.

“There’s no chance, in my opinion,’’ Aresimowicz said. “There’s no need for it. I think the laws that we passed were completely responsible. I still maintain there is no need for automatic weapons in civilian use, and you’re talking to somebody who was trained [in the military] with an M-16 and fired numerous times.’’

As usual, the leftist gun-grabbers try to confuse the snowflakes & sheep by calling semi-autos full automatic weapons.

In MA, an 80% ban would be a feel-good measure, at best.

80%'s aren't regulated. So there is no requirement to get a 4473. So buy them. . . . anywhere.

If you convert them and DON'T register them, you are in violation. So law-abiding people will register them. (I assume CT is similar.)

IF you buy one because your are a PP, then you don't register it (duh) and now you have a gun.

New law - makes it illegal to buy an 80%. So that stops all the criminals from actually buying-then-not-registering their. . . . hahahahahahahahaha!!!! Sorry. I was trying to hold it all in there.

It's worse than that. A lot worse.

If you read the actual "ghost gun" bill, the very last line in it gives local authority the right to interview any family member of applicants to determine suitability. If this is passed, Connecticut goes from a Shall Issue to a May Issue state.

Connecticut General Assembly

(a) No temporary state permit for carrying any pistol or revolver shall be issued under the provisions of section 29-28 unless the applicant for such permit gives to the local authority, upon its request, full information concerning the applicant's criminal record. The local authority shall require the applicant to submit to state and national criminal history records checks. The local authority shall take a full description of such applicant and make an investigation concerning the applicant's suitability to carry any such weapons, which may include an interview with any member of the immediate family of such applicant, as defined in section 1-79, who is eighteen years of age or older, or any parent or guardian of such applicant.

If you read the actual "ghost gun" bill, the very last line in it gives local authority the right to interview any family member of applicants to determine suitability. If this is passed, Connecticut goes from a Shall Issue to a May Issue state.

May Issue is blatantly unconstitutional and SCotUS needs to enforce McDonald with further rulings or someone needs to get the DoJ off its ass to file suits against noncompliant states for conspiracy to deny Civil Rights under the color of law.

This shit is retarded on a massive scale. I want to see a bill that takes away the cash from politicians and see how many still want to screw us.

State Sen. Beth Bye, a West Hartford Democrat, said the national dialogue has changed because of the eloquence of the Florida high school students after the shootings in their school.

FU. That matches the eloquence of those children.
Malloy, Blumenthal, Murphy, Este, Bye - blood dancers - every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom